Recent content by Leaky Valley

1. L

DC Constant Lights

I rotated them as suggested and they are working fine now with standard motor direction. Thanks all. Chuck
  2. L

DC Constant Lights

I checked it with 2 other engines and they all ran in the same direction. So the motor is wired backwards. When the engine runs forwards, the engine light is dim and the backup light bright. Just the opposite in reverse. Just so I didn't mess up, I took some photos. They are in reverse...
  3. L

DC Constant Lights

Diesel, I hooked up the circuit. The lights work but they are working opposite of the engine direction. I checked all the diodes and they are fine and I double checked their polarity with your drawing. Should I just swap the boards in the engine and tender? cCuck
  4. L

DC Constant Lights

Mike, thanks for all the help.
  5. L

DC Constant Lights

Thanks guys. I appreciate your time. They had some type of lighting unit made years ago encased in a black blob (I'm sure there were diodes in there) made by Idea's Unlimited. There was a short somewhere in the engine so I threw them out.
  6. L

DC Constant Lights

Hi, I resolved the running issues after disconnecting all the previous wiring. Right now the engine is running fine with both of the lights disconnected, and just one wire running from the left side of the motor to the tender. I have plenty of flat bridge rectifiers, diodes, and resistors.
  7. L

DC Constant Lights

I would like to put constant directional lighting (like the Ron Paisley one above for Double Light Dimming in both directions) into A Bowser 2-8-2 which also has a tender backup light. The problem is the motor is grounded to the frame and the tender is providing a direct pickup to the other side...

Back