Recent content by Larry Creel

1. Larry Creel

New Train layout 6-1-23

Been working 4 days hooking up turnout switches & cutting track for 18 blocks in front of & beside the engine shed. Then I hooked up 4 turnout switches & blocks for the passenger station & 8 more for other blocks. Takes a long time when you work by yourself.
  2. Larry Creel

Jeffrey Wimberly's final resting place.

Who's running his group Now?
  3. Larry Creel

New Train layout 6-1-23

Started making a Fueling rack for engines this week too. Still need to make an overhead sanding rack w/downspouts. Then will have to buy some small rubber rope to use for hoses at each pump. What do you all think?
  4. Larry Creel

New Train layout 6-1-23

I redid all the tops of the service racks this week to make them look like metal tops. I used plastic canvas & it made a 100% different look. Did the ones in the engine shed & the ones outside the shed too.
  5. Larry Creel

Jeffrey Wimberly's final resting place.

I didn't know he passed away. When did that happen? I use to talk to him on the phone at least once a month back in the 80's & 90's.
  6. Larry Creel

New Train layout 6-1-23

Made engine work stations inside the Engine Shed today. All Lego items & I also added some trim to the front of the roof on the engine shed. There was a 3/8ths opening on the front & about 6" on the sides. I used some wood dowels to fill in that space & glued it all w/E6000 glue. Tomorrow I hope...
  7. Larry Creel

New Train layout 6-1-23

This Lego's Build I had to do right on the layout to get everything lined up next to the original Train Shed. Took me about 3 hrs & then I added the 1\16" Peel & Stick foam sheet to the roof panel which I will paint flat black later. The building is 10 by 10 inches & 4 & 1/2" tall. I never glue...
  8. Larry Creel

New Train layout 6-1-23

Then I built a 4 pc. Miniature castle out of lego's that I'm going to add to the side of 1 of my mountains. This one took me 3 days to build. These are called Micro Mini Blocks & were very hard for me to hook together w/pains in my hands.
  9. Larry Creel

New Train layout 6-1-23

Here it is March already. had the Flu for about 2 weeks & couldn't work on the layout & then I passed out in the bathroom from not eating hardly anything for 2 weeks, so, now I'm back to building Trains & layout stuff again. I finally got the roof almost finished for the Train Shed & now it...
  10. Larry Creel

New Train layout 6-1-23

On my last Layout in Arcadia,Fl. before I moved up here I used Pink & Green Foam insulation on 1 of the 20ft long tables & framed up a long mountain on a 16ft long table & added the small chicken wire & covered it with Drywall Mud & on another table that was 20ft long I used Expansion Foam(16...
  11. Larry Creel

New Train layout 6-1-23

I guess you noticed I'm still using Lego's for all of my structures. I'm also getting ready to add 2 more tables to the inside of the layout for Yards & then I will move all of my Transformers & sound systems & other stuff to the end of the table thats closest to what I have now. Today I'm going...
  12. Larry Creel

New Train layout 6-1-23

I can only attach 10 files at a time, so, here's 10 more.
  13. Larry Creel

New Train layout 6-1-23

My last update on my layout was Jan. 3rd. I've got a lot done since then. Posting a bunch of pictures in a minute. This week I spent 3 days hooking up Atlas switch controls on 16 Bachmann NS EZ track turnouts. I was real surprised when I turned on the power & they all worked. I have to turn...
  14. Larry Creel

M.B.Klein sold

When I stopped buying from MTS about 3 yrs ago I had about 1500 points on the books. I had ordered over $200.00 worth of Intermountain Wheels which at that time were $60.00 for 100 wheel sets. They said they shipped them, but I never got them & they had used up all my points in the purchase...
  15. Larry Creel

New Train layout 6-1-23

Have you ever wondered how you are going to store everything under your layout tables & be able to move it when you're doing wiring or undertable chores. Here's my idea's that I started using last year. I go to Harbor Freight & buy cheap casters & then screw them to a bottom of a board or to a...

Back