Recent content by KevO

1. KevO

CAT 631 Scraper on Heavy Haul PAINTED !

I changed a few things since last weeks post. I have added 1/16" (10"scale inches), brass sheet visor and a texas style bumper. KevO
  2. KevO

and of coarse a CAT Excavator (actually it is a GHQ Komatsu painted in CAT colors). KevO
  3. KevO

Well I have had nice weather here in Sparks, NV and decided to spend some time watching a few good ole war movies on AMC and do alittle arm chair modeling. I have done a few other posts reguarding this project and I will still have one more after this showing how it looks all weathered and used...
  4. KevO

CATS on Flats

These babys ride great BUT they are VEERY heavy. My layout is all curves and grades except the yards and these things must be kept within 1/3 of the power. I run 25 car trains excluding power so that means the train lengths are over 12 feet long. As for the layout, The SQUIRREL VALLEY...
  5. KevO

CAT 631 on heavy haul Peterbilt ALL GHQ

I am currently creating a 'low brow' visor out of brass sheet for the cab. I removed the stock exsaust stacks and have added 10" straight pipes (floral wire) to 12' tall. I have also added a cool looking 'Texas Bumper' on the front end. Paint shop was delayed due to a computer system crash...
  6. KevO

Thank you for all the comments ! I plan on painting the model today since the Sun is out and the birds are singing ! The scraper will be CAT colrs and the flatbed will be white, tractor some variation of blue/baby blue.
  7. KevO

My first attempts at weathering

Yeah his band name is BAD NEIGHBORS ! But he has a set of electronic drums fro pratice at home so he uses his headphones. All I really hear is a wood pecker knock.
  8. KevO

Yes it does require at LEAST this amount of axles. I use to heavy haul down in Las Vegas,NV and this is a rig that I use to drive. In fact technically it does not have enough axles. There should be another axle on the ass end. KevO
  9. KevO

CATS on Flats

I finished this project last year and posted some photos on sites other than this one. So I have decided I'd like to share them with this group. I model N-Scale, specifically the Southern Pacific in the late 70's to mid 80's thru the Sahsta's and Siskiyou regions of Northern Kalifornia. My...
  10. KevO

AVAST ! Ya I kinda fall into the 'pirate' genre'. Especially because I'm with the Western Pacific Railway Museum in Portola, CA. They like to run the jolly when they leave thier property on the UP Feather River Canyon. I have that flag above my bed ! My girlfriend loves it ! I have a good...
  11. KevO

I used just a small screw driver to form the dings and dents. Be careful as not to malfore it too much and stab yourself like I did. If you try to do this and find the plastic to thick or stubborn just use a hair dryer to heat things up. KevO
  12. KevO

I've been working on this project fro quite a few months now and since it is snowing here in Sparks, NV (Reno)I decided to build something. I finished the GHQ Peterbilt tractor along with the first edition 3 axle flat. Then GHQ came out with re-released products (which ripped the floor out of...
  13. KevO

Here are a few shots of my first attempts at deliberate weathering. (ya I have a few pieces that accidently got weathered with overspray from a different project but they turned out OK)Those gons are Roundhouse N-scale sitting on Atlas code 55 track. I used Bragdon Weathering Powders which seem...
  14. KevO

Man I gotta get one of these!

I saw one of these on a Dodge Durango in a Home Depot parking lot once and the owner was cussing it out ! I mean while he was loading his SUV he walked around to the back to open the hatch and clipped it with his shin. OUCH ! That was enough evidence for me NOT to put one on my Durango. KevO
  15. KevO

How cluttered does your layout get ? ? ?

Food and Beverage ON the layout??? Now thats a LEVEL V rule violation and means for automatic termination ! If I have to bring in a drink it goes underneath the layout in a safe and secure location. I don't ever bring in food. I use the excuse to eat as a time out to leave the railroom then...

Back