Recent content by Kermit

1. K

Questions for Kansas City Southern experts

Which paint scheme would have been correct for Kansas City Southern 3 bay covered hoppers during the 1978 - 1980 time frame? I know for a time KCS painted cars in a rust brown scheme and also a dark red scheme, but I remember seeing a hopper or two in light blue paint. As I'm modeling the 78-80...
  2. K

Finished another weathering project

I fiinished another model railroad project this morning. I recently purchased a very nice Intermountain mechanical reefer. Personally I'm impressed with these cars, and really like them. I weathered it and thought others might enjoy seeing it. The first photo is a before pic, and the others...
  3. K

Question about Atlas MP15 decoder programming

This question may have been asked before...if so I apoligize. I have an HO scale Atlas MP15 with factory equipped QSI decoder and sound. Is there a way to program the decoder so that the headlight in the direction of travel is on bright and the other headlight is on dim, and they change...
  4. K

Before and after

I recently found a good deal on an Atlas 50' PD boxcar. I hadn't done any weathering in quite a while. I was feeling froggy and decided to fire up the airbrush and have a go at it. Sorry...my photography skills may be lacking.
  5. K

Rapido wide vision caboose question

I see that Rapido is offering their wide vision caboose decorated for the Rock Island. I've read that this caboose was mainly built and used in Canada. Did the Rock Island ever own any cabooses (cabeese?) of this type? I'm skeptical. Information please. Thank you!
  6. Picking one up

Picking one up

A Frisco GP-38-2 prepares to pull a loaded hopper from the local elevator. The photo was taken on my home layout.
  7. K

Question about derail

Problem is that they won't clear the derail when it's in the open position where cars should be able to pass without being derailed. The derail has to be opened to pick up or spot cars on the spur. When the derail is flipped over backwards it sticks up too high and is hitting either the axles...
  8. K

Question about derail

Sorry, I don't have a photo to post. So far the only cars I've had problems with are Intermountain. The spur in question is a team track. I felt I could get a lot of varied activity out of a team track. I hate to not be able to use these cars on the spur as it will sure cut down on the...
  9. K

Question about derail

I purchased and assembled a derail kit produced by Details West. I wanted to add this detail item to a new spur that I'd added to my layout. I installed the derail, and it looked pretty good...but then I ran into trouble. After installing the derail I test operated several model rail cars on...
  10. K

MRS boxcar models?

Does anyone offer an HO scale box car decorated for Manufacturers Railway Service? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!
  11. K

Does anyone own a Stewart U25B?

The one I'm speaking about is a new run due out this summer or fall, and made by Bowser.
  12. K

Model Railcraft Supply Depot

The hobby shop that I've been using closed due to owner retirement. I'm looking for a place to pre-order items. In this case an HO scale locomotive. Someone (can't recall who) recommended Model Railcraft Supply Depot from New Jersey as a good place. Have any of you used these folks? Are they...
  13. K

Does anyone own a Stewart U25B?

I'd like to add one of the Stewart U25B's with sound to my fleet. A new run is due out this year decorated for FRISCO, and I'd sure like to have one. Does anyone have a U25B, and if so what can you tell me about it? Are they a good locomotive? At one time I had a Stewart VO1000, but sold it...
  14. K

Model Railcraft Supply Depot?

The hobby shop that I've been using closed due to owner retirement. I'm looking for a place to pre-order items. In this case an HO scale locomotive. Someone (can't recall who) recommended Model Railcraft Supply Depot from New Jersey as a good place. Have any of you used these folks? Are...
  15. K

Need information on Broadway Limited SW7

Does anyone have any experience or information on the Broadway Limited SW7? I assume it's like other Broadway Limited products and is DCC capable and is equipped with sound. I'm interested in the quality of the model, quality of detail, quality of painting, and especially how well it operates...

Back