Recent content by josephbw

1. josephbw

Coupler spring replacement

A couple of years ago I bought a bunch of the 148 whisker springs and installed them on all 700+ of my cars. No more spring launching for me. 😁 Joe
  2. josephbw

The Mount Washington Cog Railway.

We were there in the late 70's. I really wanted to ride up the mountain, but it was totally fogged in. Major disappointment. Joe
  3. josephbw

So what are you listening to right NOW?

I'm just listening to the noises in my head. It's called Tinnitus. :( Joe
  4. josephbw

Hot Wheels vehicle

I got the vehicles from Oxford today. Everything went very smoothly and I am happy with the transaction and always happy with the quality of their vehicles. Joe I should have included the following information with the above post, but I didn't think of it then, so here it is now. I ordered 6...
  5. josephbw

Hot Wheels vehicle

I sent an order to Oxford for 6 of their vehicles the other day. Very easy to order from them, and reasonable shipping. They said to expect 7 to 14 day delivery from England to Ohio. I have most of their HO vehicles, and I'm VERY happy with the quality, price, and variety they have. Joe
  6. josephbw

Rapido announcement new HO Chevrolets

https://rapidotrains.com/products/ho-scale/model-vehicles/ho-scale-chevrolet-caprice-impala
  7. josephbw

Track Nail Removal Tool (HO Scale)

If you file a small V notch in the middle of the tip, you will get better leverage with more contact with the nail. Joe
  8. josephbw

DCMRRC has CANCELLED our March 7, 2021 show in Greenville, OH

Due to the china virus, we have decided to cancel our train show in March. Hopefully things will be back to normal for our 2022 show. For more info contact Sam Bashore at 937-548-0059.
  9. josephbw

Should you tell your wife......?

I told my wife that when we designed our house, there was going to be a layout in the basement. She wasn't very fond of the idea and mildly opposed it for several years. I finally told her that there WAS going to be a layout in the basement and started building it. She tolerates it now, but just...
  10. josephbw

Where can I find the road signs.

Here's a link to the printable signs. You may have to adjust the size of some of them to your scale. Joe https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=free+ho+highway+signs&iax=images&ia=images
  11. josephbw

Never mind, I found them.
  12. josephbw

That were in the sliding pictures earlier today. I tried to print a page and my printer was having issues. Now I'm trying to find them again and every search parameter that I use comes up empty. Thanks, Joe
  13. josephbw

Should you tell your wife......?

As long as I'm spending MY money and not OUR money, she doesn't care. 😁
  14. josephbw

How do I bring cork roadbed down to ground level?

The most cost-effective and easiest thing to do is purchase a bundle of shimming shingles. These are typically used to shim doors and windows during home construction. I have been using them for over 40 years for my layouts and also our club layout. Put a shingle beside the cork, and where they...
  15. josephbw

NWSL News

NorthWest Short Line Press Release For Immediate Release"NorthWest Short Line is pleased to announce that the entire line has been acquired by an NWSL employee, effective September 3rd, 2019. All existing back orders will be filled, and NWSL will be open to new orders as soon as the new websites...

Back