Recent content by johnmiller

1. J

Power Needs for Complex Layouts

Thank you for the reply, Jeff! It seems to me that the 3-way plug I found is what you are thinking of when it comes to distributing power. I will consult with Kato and make sure I have the right component in mind! I appreciate your help, and the help of everyone else! I will follow all of your...
  2. J

Here is basically what I am trying to build: It is the Kato M1 Master Set + the Kato V6 Outer Loop Variation Set. I have the V1 Siding Set, and a Three-Color Signal, but I would putting both of those on the M1 Inner Loop. I was wondering about what I would need power-wise, since I would have...
  3. J

I am planning a Kato N-Scale layout. My current plan is to use what I have purchased so far, the M1 Kato Master 1 Set, which has the Basic Oval and Power Pack; the V1 Kato Variation Mainline Siding Passing Set; plus the V6 Kato Outer Loop Set, which I want to purchase. Illustrations of how the...
  4. J

Kato Track Plans

I have been trying to see if there is a good illustration showing all the available Kato trackplans. Well, I found it! And, it's on the back of the Kato M1 Master Set I just bought. This is very helpful for me, and I hope it is for you too. This photo is also available in full resolution on my...
  5. J

Hello from the Memphis Area!

Rod, Hey! Thank you for the reply. It's great to connect with you too! Okay, so it sounds like I'll send my O-Scale questions to Louis, and my HO-Scale questions to you! (ha ha). The sound deal sounds like a lot of fun, so I would like to at least dip my toes into it. I will have to see how to...
  6. J

Louis, Thank you for the compliments! I appreciate them. It took me a while to get the video off my HDV tapes. But, now that I've learned how, I will continue to post past videos, plus new ones. I've gotten to taken photos around the United States and some of Western Europe, including the...
  7. J

Photos, Videos and More! Louis, Scott and Vic, Thank you for the replies! It is good to connect with all of you. I have just finished new photos I took in Downtown Memphis, where trains of all railroads cross the Mississippi Bridge from Arkansas into Tennessee. You can find them in the Trains...
  8. J

Thank You! Louis, Thank you for the reply! I have been taking photos of freight trains around town recently, and have started posting videos. I will do the same with the model trains once I get things up and running. I will buy that Kato set and get it going. And, I will get the locomotives I...
  9. J

My name is John Miller, and I'm from Olive Branch, Mississippi. It is a suburb of Memphis, just across the Tennessee/Mississippi state line. I have various model trains of different guages: N, HO, O and G. Because space is limited, and I want to make the most of it, I want to make a nice little...

Back