Recent content by JoeG

1. J

O scale question

Update I have made a rendering of my rail yard which will be located on the side of my yard. I provided a jpg for the rail yard and another to show where in my yard they will be placed (in the red box). Let me know what you think of it. I made the Box car house big enough to hold many cars so I...
  2. J

My Layout

Thanks for all you feedback. The around the room idea is good I just have to convince my wife to do that :)
  3. J

O scale question

Thanks you for the info. I'll be looking for retailers that sell out door O scale trains now.
  4. J

O scale question

I was wondering if you could do an out door layout in O scale if you built a building to protect the engines from the weather. Would the track have any problem in the weather, I live in the desert so rain isn't to big of a concern.
  5. J

Track in pavement.

That looks great, thanks got the information.
  6. J

My Layout

I have been reading the layout forum and there are a lot of good ideas kicked around so I would like to post my layout and see what you everyone thinks. I only have a 24" x 72" space to work with. I used Atlas N Scale, code 55 track in the SCARM program.
  7. J

N Scale

Ok, here is an updated version.
  8. J

N Scale

I have been reading the layout forum and there are a lot of good ideas kicked around so I would like to post my layout and see what you everyone thinks. I only have a 24" x 72" space to work with. I used Atlas code 55 track in the SCARM program.
  9. J

Radius Question

I was thinking about Z scale but it seems awfully small to handle.
  10. J

Radius Question

Thank you for all the great information everyone. I’m thinking I might have to make the layout 26" or 28" to accommodate an 11" radius. I might also run a smaller radius on the inside and just have a shorter wheel base engine running on that track, and link the two tracks together.
  11. J

Radius Question

I am new to N scale modeling and have been out of the rail road modeling for many years and I have some room in my garage to make a small layout, about 2x6. I also have been reading some forums on here about the proper radius. From what I can see is an 11'' radius will not leave much room on a...
  12. J

Track selection

Yes I forgot to post that I am using N Scale
  13. J

Track selection

So I'm guessing my 10'' radius is going to be a little tight for flex track, and most engines?
  14. J

Track selection

does using flex track help lower derailments
  15. J

Track selection

What would be better to use? Flex track or sectional track

Back