Recent content by I'm a HO'er

1. I'm a HO'er

another newbie would like................

here you go F1 here are a couple of that area. Never mind about the track color, it never turned out at all what I wanted so it is just there for photo ops with the UP boxcar. I went through all my photos have not got one that is better than this, sorry. I'll have to get a final few...
  2. I'm a HO'er

Thanks again F1 for the kind words. I was going to use the woodland water. But this is the test diorama that will be disassembled. I did this diorama (2 feet X 10 feet) and then really got into the layout starting on the other side of the room. This area will not work and figure it is just...
  3. I'm a HO'er

Athearn decoder install - tidy?

I took the weight out of my Athearn GP40-2 under the non dynamic housing, it was a tiny little weight real tiny. I know the step you are talking about. I modified mine and installed a soundtraxx DSD-AT100LC 1st gen sound/motor decoder. I have alot more pictures if you want to use them to help...
  4. I'm a HO'er

Soundtraxx Advice

just a note, I just installed my soundtraxx DSD-AT100LC EMD first generation diesel sound/decoder in my GP40-2 and it sounds GREAT!!!!!!!!! the first gen diesel has no turbo. The 5 horn CV sounds amazing
  5. I'm a HO'er

Hey, thanks F1 here is another picture to show a couple things, First is the mountains all painted. They are painted a custom mix of white ceiling paint and black tempura paint mixed into the paint. Next is my first attempt at making some "bottle brush trees" the dead one is airbrushed...
  6. I'm a HO'er

here is a picture of my first diorama. I also have a huge passion for diecast cars so this was fitting........
  7. I'm a HO'er

here is the first Tortise switch machine installed. The black plastic piece is black mirror from e-bay (extra left over stuff I had from other projects) This worked very well. I got the idea from MRR magazine. This way the switch machine is right under the road bed.
  8. I'm a HO'er

thank you for the kind words everyone, I have some more photos coming. Traindude, I will be using extruded and plaster for the mountains. This is my 1st layout but did 2 other dioramas before the big plunge. I just finished mounting my first Tortise switch and still adding the woodlands foam...
  9. I'm a HO'er

hey Guys, thank you for the warm invite. lets see if I can post a couple pictures,......... this one gives you an idea of what I am in the process of making. one side will be the Alberta side and the other side will be the BC side. The trains will travel over the top of my desk in a small...
  10. I'm a HO'er

To say a Big HELLO!!!!!!! been lurking here a while and figured it was time to join up, alot of you have helped me out, and I too would like to help others out. As my user name says, I am a ho'er from from years back but just recently got back into the trains. I have been granted from my wife...

Back