Recent content by illyad2

1. I

Selling HO scale rail road layouts et al on this site

I have several items i would like to sell. What is the accepted protocol for listing these items for other train enthusiastic on this message board?
  2. I

Question about HOon30 scale

Question about HOon30 scale. Can this scale be used on a ho track? I have a civil war train that is hoon30 and would like to run it on ho scale layout. Can anyone comment on the HOon30 performance on HO track and layout.
  3. I

Use for old computers on HO layout

I have access to several old computers from work (Windows 8) and several IPADs. Has anyone found a use for these on a train layout? I am redoing my layout and may wish to incorporate in my new configuration
  4. I

Layout downsizing

I am planning on moving and need to downsize my layout. I have 4 4x8 boards and some connective boards that are 2 feet wide and 10 feet long. I am interested to know how other HO scale people maximize their space and layout. I am thinking about a two story layout. Since a picture is worth a...
  5. I

Track cleaning options

I have an extensive HO layout, with a regular train line and an elevated track. In the past I have used an eraser and liquid cleaner to clean my tracks. With the elevated track and sheer volume of track I have, I am wondering if there is a better way to clean the tracks, specifically, is there...
  6. I

Filler for paper sourced mountain

Screen overlay? What is that ? Specific name or brand? Where can it be found? If I sealed the entire mountain in paris plaster or the mesh would it effect possible smells due to rotting paper? Could I use a screen that is for a door or is there a specific brand or type?
  7. I

Could I use a screen that is for a door or is there a specific brand or type?
  8. I

If I sealled the entire mountain in paris plaster or the mesh would it effect possible smells due to rotting paper?
  9. I

Screen overlay? What is that ? Specific name or brand? Where can it be found?
  10. I

I am working on building a mountain with paper sourced from shredder. Would like to know some ideas for filler material to make the structure look more realistic and less jerky.
  11. I

Cell phone wall chargers and HO scale railroads

Has anyone found any practical uses for old cell phone wall chargers on their HO scale layout? I have plenty of them and before discarding them I would like to know if anyone has made use of them on a layout. TIA for your input.
  12. I

Old desktop computers and HO rail road uses

I have access to 4-6 windows computers. These are old windows based systems from work that we are no longer using. My question is are there any practical usage for these computers on a HO scale train layout? Has anyone ever made use of computers on their layouts and if so how? TIA for all input.
  13. I

Creating a battery power source for layout

I have a small extension to my layout that has a series of skyscrapers on it. I want to bring some electricity to the buildings but the layout is to far from electric outlet. I want to create a battery powered power source. Can anyone offer me advice on this project or where I can find such a...
  14. I

Using 3-D printer for structures

3D printer that prints CAD files into hard images using either filament or resin

Back