Recent content by Hutch

1. Hutch

Junker restorations/rehabs

Thanks but I got it off the hard way.i may have to get a puller if I'm going to continue down this path.
  2. Hutch

I ordered one. I hope I don't have as much trouble putting the flywheel on as I did getting it off.
  3. Hutch

I took the motor out and it's dead, pulses a little bit. I don't know why, it seemed fine on the bench at work but no more. I'd like to replace it with a better one if you have any suggestions.
  4. Hutch

Yes. I was trying to run it this morning and smoked the decoder at least one of the input FETs. I can replace that or just get a better decoder.
  5. Hutch

I bypassed it to test the engine and it ran strong in my hand holding my thumbs against the drive wheels. It has a 1.25 amp stall current.
  6. Hutch

I got it working but not very well. It seemed to run well on dc on the bench. On dcc, the chuff isn't even synchronized. It's pretty much an expensive display. I really thought these spectrums were gonna be good engines. Never again.
  7. Hutch

Sometimes it takes a hammer to the head to get me to things 🥴 Please feel free to butt in.
  8. Hutch

I didn't test if the gear was slipping on it's shaft but as I said, the drive operates now. I sure wish I had done that test though. If it has problems I'll do that. Thanks
  9. Hutch

It's assembled and the drive works now but I think DC control has been disabled or it doesn't work on DC, so I can't get it to move. Hopefully it will work on my DCC layout.
  10. Hutch

It's reassemble day for this Spectrum 2-8-0 Steam. I'm replacing the belt that seemed to be slipping. Hopefully this one will be a little tighter. Maybe I'll find there's a different issue. We'll see. Oh yeah, wish me luck reassembling this thing that I took apart last week.
  11. Hutch

What are these things? And why can't we stand on the foot boards?
  12. Hutch

Online track software?

Will it run jmri? At some point I'm going to want that. I'm almost retired and things will change .
  13. Hutch

Online track software?

I couldn't even copy the executable onto the thumb drive. I'm just going to stop thinking about it. I'll do it at home someday. I hate playing on the computer at home though. I like to get my hands dirty doing something else.
  14. Hutch

Online track software?

I had to get special permission to use a thumb drive but I can and I might just try this.
  15. Hutch

Online track software?

XTrackCAD would have been my next go to. Getting the 3D stuff like SCARM offers is not something to die over. I got passed Scarms 50 piece issue by switching to flextrack after I got my curves laid with sectional track. You van also do your layout in sections.

Back