Recent content by hunslet040

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. H

Control Panels

Here's mine. Controlling my H0 layout " Dale Junction ". Track layout was done using a track planning program ( I can't remember which one ) but could be done with thin tape. Small circles were added to mark drill points for LEDs and push-button switches and was then laminated by a local...
  2. H

What trains did you run today?

After the two previous Rivarossi streamliners I thought I would give my NYC Dreyfuss Hudson a run on the test track. I have read somewhere that the smokebox crest was possibly styled after the ancient Spartan helmet !
  3. H

What trains did you run today?

Stuck inside due to virus restrictions so decided to give my recently acquired Rivarossi Hudsons a run on the test track. Milwaukee Road NYC Empire State Express livery
  4. H

Steam car

Yes I have one. r Had it for a few years - had to return two to get one that worked ! Regards, Colin.
  5. H

Rivarossi Big Boy. How to take off rods?

This may help. Scrol down and select the "Big Boy" drop down and then select your model year from the list for a parts diagram. https://www.hoseeker.com/ahminstructions.html Colin
  6. H

New Turbine

Hi. As requested more photos of Turbine. Side view of three units Front View Top view of A-unit box with connection diagram The A and B units are die cast metal while the tender body is plastic. Unusually the wheels are also plastic and there is a hinged contact arrangement on the A...
  7. H

New Turbine

Hi I will take photos later and post later in the week. Regards, Colin.
  8. H

Show your layout sized passenger trains

My layout is very small ( 40inches x 30inches) so I run small trains in H0e scale which is H0 scale on 9mm gauge track. Here is a Tram loco with a couple of coaches which is a typical passenger train on the layout. Steam and Diesel locos are also used as is a steam railcar. All rolling stock is...
  9. H

New Turbine

I recently bought this An 8500 HP UP Turbine. Nothing unusual you might say because H0 brass models have been made as well as the Scaletrains models and in 0 gauge. But this is different -- It was made in Switzerland by Wesa in about 1960 which was soon after the real locos were introduced...
  10. H

Rivarossi Krauss-Mafffei Horn

Hi all. I have just bought a Rivarossi Krauss-Maffei Diesel Hydraulic loco which is fitted with a horn mechanism. Some of the wires for the horn system wires are not connected so I was wondering if any forum members had one of these and could post a photo or description of how the system should...
  11. H

HOe = N Gauge?

The tipping mining wagons are fairly common in Europe and were sold as Minitrains and Eggerbahn. In fact they are still available new from the Minitrains company, I have about 10 examples sold as Eggerbahn, Minitrains and Jouef. The original Jouef versions were different using a rolling-gear...
  12. H

HOe = N Gauge?

Eggrbahn as Tootnkumin says is H0 scale on 9mm track. Both locos are highly collectable in Europe as all models were taken over by the French firm Jouef in 1967 after the ending of the original company. The Jouef versions are not supposed to be of the quality of the original Eggerbahn models...
  13. H

Proto 2000 FA2 some Dcc Help please

Glad to help. Good luck with the installation. Regards.
  14. H

Proto 2000 FA2 some Dcc Help please

Hi Chuck. This may help. http://tcsdcc.com/installation/ho-scale/life-proto-2000-alco-fa-2/mc2 Regards.
  15. H

RIVAROSSI Locomotive

Hi Miles, According to the Rivarossi-Memory website the FEC version was made in 1991. Hope this helps.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.