Recent content by HOScaledWill

1. HOScaledWill

Any Way to Make LEDs Fade as they Flash?

Which circuit would I have to use, and where would I get one? Unless Logic Rail is the only way to go. I'll also ask Circuitron if they know a way to add a device to fade LEDs to their flasher units.
  2. HOScaledWill

I'm Considering Changing my Bulb Signals to LED Signals

Thanks @Smudge617 . I was planning to order one LED each (one 1.8mm, one 3mm, one 4mm, and one 5mm) for trial, to see which ones worked and if any of them worked then I'd order more of them and not the ones that don't. When I say "work" I don't just mean their ability to light up or function but...
  3. HOScaledWill

Any Way to Make LEDs Fade as they Flash?

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to make LEDs fade in and fade out as they flash. I know Logic Rail has a flasher unit that makes LEDs fade in and fade out https://www.logicrailtech.com/gcp.htm and my old NJ International flasher module in the following picture (no longer in production)...
  4. HOScaledWill

I'm Considering Changing my Bulb Signals to LED Signals

I'm considering changing my incandescent-lit HO scale crossing signals to LED signals though I've been hesitant to do so. One reason, bad experiences with LEDs and another, for cosmetic purposes. But now I'm coming to the realization that using incandescent bulbs isn't helping, especially now...
  5. HOScaledWill

NJ International

Hi @EmperorDuncan I'm so very sorry I missed your message, I haven't been very active here and I hope I'm not too late! The black crossing signal is lit with incandescent lights. The lights they're installed with are really tiny incandescent light bulbs, less than 3mm I believe and they come...
  6. HOScaledWill

NJ International

They do seem to have some NJI 1171 black and white crossing gates minus crossbucks available, at least for now but probably only one pair. I don't know since they don't tell us how many of their products are available. But those aren't what I want anyway, I want their 1170 and 1172 red and white...
  7. HOScaledWill

Thinking of Switching LED brands

Hi again @diesel I did try to respond to you hours ago but my message disappeared when my tab automatically reset itself after I went to a new one and tried to come back! :mad: Hate when that happens! Would have started over sooner but was too tired, too stressed and it was late. And I wished I...
  8. HOScaledWill

First, thanks for explaining more simply. As someone with autism I need things explained simply and clearly and I like the way you explained it. Yeah I learned the cathodes go in the positive posts while the anodes go in the negative (I got it backwards when I tried, so I reversed the wires and...
  9. HOScaledWill

Thanks Diesel! Am curious, do you have Busch crossing signals? And do you light up gate arms too? Just curious. Thanks for your help! It isn't just for me but for anyone in my situation, at least that's how I like to see it! I'm still planning to switch LED brands, at least I think that's...
  10. HOScaledWill

I would say the control unit. Speaking of which, I wish I thought of this when I made that last comment, whether the gate lights have resistors on them or not, they still won't work in the Busch control unit unless the crossbucks are disconnected. I tried with added resistors and without added...
  11. HOScaledWill

@diesel Hi Diesel! Well I'm not sure if it's the installation or the wires, maybe it is the installation (I thought you said "insulation"). Now before we go on, is this what you mean by "Magnet Wire?" These are what the Busch 5934 HO crossing signals use and I have about seven pairs of them...
  12. HOScaledWill

NJ International

I too noticed there have been issues with NJ International, and when I looked on their HO scale page, many of their items are missing! All I see are their 1095 crossbuck signals and their 1172 crossing gates, which they did have one of but now their sold out again! I phoned NJ International...
  13. HOScaledWill

I'm thinking of switching from the Bowerful brand LEDs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P6L7P6V/ref=twister_B07P8RTKCF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 to these...
  14. HOScaledWill

Something I'd Like to Try One Day

@Iron Horseman That's kind of what I was aware of although I didn't know it was called a feather-weight spring system. I had a Bachmann automatic crossing gate set back in 1999 (my grandmother who worked for Amtrak at the time got me one.) It didn't have any lights, just the gates and the...
  15. HOScaledWill

Broken HO Crossing Signal :(

Hey @trailrider Well unfortunately the LEDs on both the bridge and mast are burnt out, half the lights on the bridge and half on the pole. From you said according to the black positive wire, I guess what happened was the lights burned out first because of the resistors coming from the white...

Back