Recent content by Hathaway Browne

1. Hathaway Browne

WDW Disney Trains - Real or "12 inch scale "model"" VIDEO

Here's something else I love, Disney wise... Tokyo DisneySea Electric Railway, an elevated light rail that takes you from American Waterfront to Port Discovery. Here's a glimpse of the two trains passing in front of the S.S. Columbia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atCV_jk3NaQ and...
  2. Hathaway Browne

WDW Disney Trains - Real or "12 inch scale "model"" VIDEO

Excellent video there. The monorails are quite something in their own right, as well as the TTA (or WEDway PeopleMover for the oldies out there). Both the Monorail and PeopleMover would have been an integral part of Walt's City of EPCOT, allowing residents to commute to and from work with...
  3. Hathaway Browne

Layout Road Names, etc.

Well being a big Disney nut, I've tried to incorporate many a reference into my layout. Luckily there are quite a few movies and locations to taken names from. For instance, the local gas station is a Dinco (Toy Story/Cars) which will be right next to Annette's Diner (Disneyland Paris, named...
  4. Hathaway Browne

CSX Palmetto Spur

Wow you've done a great job there.
  5. Hathaway Browne

Hi from a newbie in the UK

Stick a lantern in the window, the British are coming! ;) Welcome Mal, that's a stunning photo. I'm off to have a look at that other thread right now.
  6. Hathaway Browne

New location, same old problems!

Nope, not accurate. Still an estimate. I've not had a chance to look up that range of foam risers, which I plan on using. I appreciate that I can't go high with them, I'll probably go for the lowest that they offer.
  7. Hathaway Browne

^ lol I'm certainly chomping at the bit to get it started (especially after all the planning and it being sat dormant for a year), but I'll have to hang on until Christmas is all sorted. As for progress pictures - you betcha!!
  8. Hathaway Browne

OK, another revision. This time the station moves to a shelf on its own, I've then raised the town scene by a couple of inches. So the line at "platform 3" is next to a retaining wall. I've also added (although I'm not sure it could fit) an engine shed.
  9. Hathaway Browne

My small 4'4"x6" HO scale layout.......

Looking good so far. A great blank canvas to work with. There's plenty of options for scenery there. What do envisage at the spur? Industry or something like an engine shed?
  10. Hathaway Browne

New on here from the UK

^I didn't actually. I've not been for a few years either, and I had planned to go but decided last minute not to. The layout was on the back burner at the time which was one of the deciding factors. Then, only a few weeks later, I got my "second wind" and have started plans for a new layout...
  11. Hathaway Browne

New on here from the UK

The Midlands. Not too far from Coventry.
  12. Hathaway Browne

New on here from the UK

From one Brit to another, Welcome! Some great photos there. You've done a cracking job so far.
  13. Hathaway Browne

^In terms of the reach issue, during the construction phase I'll have it away from the wall so I can get to the back. Once its all complete (whenever that might be! lol) I'll still be able to move it forward is anything major is needed. For the crossover, well the station part of the plan is...
  14. Hathaway Browne

Right then, I've been doing a bit of specific planning and have come up with this: Its not 100% accurate, but its a bit better than my previous efforts. Keeping it 14x4 and while it maybe a bit constrained depth wise I'm trying to get as much as I can out of it. I think I might add the...
  15. Hathaway Browne

Trams/Streetcars

One thing I'd love on a layout is a tram line, but I'm concerned they might be tricky to do. Do most models run on normal HO flex track? And I'm guessing that I'd have to use something like Hydrocal to embed the track in the road surface. Just wanted to gauge opinion on them, whilst I'm...

Back