Recent content by Habbyguy

1. Habbyguy

What's the best flush cutter for wire?

You can also use it to cut your toe nails. :)
  2. Habbyguy

Which way to connect to helix?

If I understand correctly what you mean that would give me at most a 400" run which at 2% grade would only raise it up 8". And I need to go up about 20". And I have thought of doing that before. But a helix is my only way to go up. I have done lots of reading about helix's. And I still want one...
  3. Habbyguy

I just finished ripping it all apart. It was full of flaws. The 2 main lines were at different heights and there was no room to do landscaping between them properly. The yard was on a slope, and the cars would just roll to the bottom. Plus more was wrong with the layout. So now I was thinking...
  4. Habbyguy

I am off to work now, but will tell you all about the updates(lots to say) The helix goes up from this bottom level. Bottom level's lowest is at 31". Upper level's lowest is at 55". @John P I will answer your Q's after work.
  5. Habbyguy

Out of the two pics do you guys think I should connect to the helix? Should I split off the main line as in pic 1? Or Raise the main line and go under like in pic 2?
  6. Habbyguy

MRC decoder problem

I just got a MRC 1820 sound decoder for my RS-3(new model). After installing it, I put it on my track and turned on the power. The sound came on and I turned the lights on. Then it went pop and started to smoke. One of the capacitors blew. I forgot to put a piece of tape between the motor and...
  7. Habbyguy

Have to show off :)

I know but they just keep falling down. So I'm like if that's what they want to do, so be it. But I will try the glue one day. Thank for the tip As you might notice I only have a horn on one loco. That was the first loco I got and it did not come with assembly instructions. But when I got the...
  8. Habbyguy

Those are nice too. But also hard to find.
  9. Habbyguy

I now have all three MP-15DC Atlas gold Southern Rwy of British Columbia Had this one already Just got these two in the mail today. They were the only ones I could find on the internet. All
  10. Habbyguy

Preferred DCC Systems

The thing I don't like about the Zephyr is it does not come with a walkaround throttle(which I need). I might as well get the Super Empire Builder Xtra then. But I heard that it lacks some things that the Zephyr and chief have.
  11. Habbyguy

Preferred DCC Systems

The room is 14' X 10' with two main lines. Right now I have 9 locos. If I have two locos coupled running on each main line that would = 4. Plus any switching being done is in another room that is 9' long.
  12. Habbyguy

Preferred DCC Systems

Right now I am using a MRC Command 2000. It works fine but would like be able to control all the locos with a hand-held, couple locos and control their sound. My local HS pushes Prodigy advanced and is $360CAD. The next HS is an hour drive that likes Digitrax and hates Prodigy. But the digitrax...
  13. Habbyguy

EMD F7 lights?

Thank you for the reply.
  14. Habbyguy

EMD F7 lights?

I have a couple of EMD F7's I am converting to DCC with a DH123D. I was wondering how the lighting is supposed to work on these. Are both front lights supposed to be on at the same time in both directions? Or is the top one on in forward and the bottom one on in reverse? Thanks.
  15. Habbyguy

Looking for furniture for our HO gas station

I was looking to furnish a house, but if you add up all the stuff(fridge, stove, beds, bath room sink, tub, tables...etc) I needed if would have cost around $150. Although if you need a few things that is ok.

Back