Recent content by grande man

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. grande man

Sometimes it pays to stand back more than normal...

Hey Ken! Yeah, I don't get by nearly as often as I'd like. Let's just say work training has kept me very busy since last Summer... As for the video going viral, I had no idea. It was posted about three days ago. I couldn't help but think of the awesome still photos that could have come out of...
  2. grande man

Sometimes it pays to stand back more than normal...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a1a_1423095659 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  3. grande man

B&O coaling tower still standing in Akron Ohio

That is a cool structure from days gone by! Cooling towers hold a special appeal because there are so few left and because they remind us of the steam operations they directly supported. Thanks for the pic. There are a few local coaling towers I have intended to photograph for some time. Need...
  4. grande man

Finally got a Hobby Lobby in town.

Yep, I love Hobby Lobby for a number of reasons. Good place to shop for fun stuff.
  5. grande man

Are there going to be more Contests?

Having run the contest for a couple of years, I finally ran out of ideas. It is a fair amout of work, as someone mentioned. Still, it would be nice if the contests were back.
  6. grande man

Comment by 'grande man' in media 'CB&Q 45 tonner #9123'

Nice work CJ. Love the Q!
  7. grande man

D&RGW Platte Canyon Subdivision

Thanks for the comments. Haven't worked with the Platte Canyon Sub in ages, need to get the new Canon EOS-M into some of the tighter areas and get a few new shots.
  8. grande man

Comment by 'grande man' in media 'Watching the shovel at work'

I'M DIGGING IT! Nice work Bob.
  9. grande man

Home page photo needed

Good choice Bob. The site looks great.
  10. grande man

Home page photo needed

Thanks CJ. Are you attending the NMRA get together (Vestavia) on the 20th?
  11. grande man

steam

Beautiful engines!!! Make me want to throw our little layout into the time machine and back up a couple of decades. :)
  12. grande man

Home page photo needed

Thanks for the vote. We'll see what Bob has in mind. If "Sedalia Sunrise" trips his trigger, I'll certainly set him up. :) If not, there is certainly no shortage of great photos from the members here. Bob really can't go wrong.
  13. grande man

Home page photo needed

Bob, look thru my stuff any see if anything is suitable. If so, I'll be glad to help out. http://ericmcferrin.smugmug.com/TransportationLargeandSmall/Denver-and-Rio-Grande-Western/10559258_gmhhLD#!i=733433862&k=WpLQWDR
  14. grande man

Tehachapi Loop By (Model) Airplane

Interesting video. Didn't take long to turn the audio down. :D Can't help but wonder when such activities will be declared "potential terrorist drone actions" and banned in today's wacky world. Until then, maybe more cool vids will be forthcoming.
  15. grande man

Saluda!

After walking the grade last January, I can vouch that it is an impressive piece of railroad engineering. It is a very cool place. Here's hoping the NS decides to polish the rails of Saluda grade again some day soon. :)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.