Recent content by Grande Guy

1. G

Train Collection buyers

Those collection buyers are going to pay you much less than your stuff is worth because they are like dealing with a car dealer they want to make a profit. Depending on what you are selling try EBAY or HOYARDSALE at yahoo groups.
  2. G

SD9043Mac project

Hello, Scalecoat 2 Harbour Mist Gray comes in an 8 ounce spray can and it covers very nicely if you want to try it. You can order it from Walthers or I have ordered it from Caboose hobbies. Regards, Dave Dane
  3. G

Sunrise Enterprises?

What parts are you looking for? I have some Sunrise stuff I may be able to part with Dave Dane
  4. G

Detial parts

Hello, I have had the best luck ordering my parts from caboose hobbies in Denver. Regards, Dave Dane
  5. G

Model Railcraft Supply Depot

Hello, I have used them in the past and always had good results. But it has been a while.
  6. G

Weekly Photo Fun 4-24/4-30

Josh, Lets see the awesome detail work on the B units pilots:) And yes there will be some warning labels afixed. Nice work Dave Dane
  7. G

Did I get a good deal?

Guys I have a few OMI items that I bought in the nineties and the last OMI I bought was a DRGW SW1200 for 650.00 so I have retired from brass with the exception of cabooses and MOW items the prices are way out there now especially with the quality of the plastic models for a whole lot less cash...
  8. G

Did I get a good deal?

Hello, Tell me if you think I got a deal. OMI Brass SP GP60 undecorated for 170.00 which includes shipping. Seems to good to be true. I was shocked that I won the auction.:confused: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190300163514 Regards...
  9. G

1/87th Vehicles

Ouengr, I agree that the River Point Station F-350s are better than the Trident. In fact I bought a couple. My era that I am trying to model is mid to late 80s. But with all the exceptional current era stuff coming out why not model a little modern era too? I am hoping that River Point...
  10. G

1/87th Vehicles

Hello, Here is a DRGW Hi-rail truck I put together with a Trident truck,Details west Hi-rail detail kit and a Plano headache rack. Sorry its a little blurry I will shoot a couple more.:o Regards, Dave Dane
  11. G

Weekend foto fun 16-17-18... Almost time for turkey!

Hello, Here is a DRGW wreckmaster flat I have been working on as time allows. I am just getting my photobucket skills figured out so be patient.
  12. G

Why Brass

The added detail is the driving factor. I would be suprised if someone bought brass for the weight factor. The reason I have bought brass is strictly to get quality models of certain prototypes.
  13. G

Why Brass

Hello, I have a fair sized brass collection but have not bought a brass locomotive since 2006. I do buy brass cabooses and have some brass MOW cars but now with the quality of plastic locomotive offerings from Athearn, Atlas, Kato etc. etc. I probably will not shell out the large amount of...
  14. G

impack spine cars...

Hello, The spine cars were not done in a Trailer Train brown as far as I have seen in my research:confused: . If you want a brown spine SP or SSW are your best bet.
  15. G

impack spine cars...

List, The Athearn Impack cars are a good prototype for the first Spine cars designed by the AT&SF. I believe that Impack bought the design from the Santa Fe and sold cars to BN,SSW, SP and others. I have some undecs stashed so I can do a set of 10pack FuelFoilers for the Santa Fe. They...

Back