Recent content by Glopy19

1. G

Athearn F59PHI Help

I just ran it again without the shell and it made the noise, I must not have heard it when i ran it without the shell earlier. It may have picked up dust from my shelf when i was storing it there. How would I go about cleaning it?
  2. G

Athearn F59PHI Help

When i opened it up the motor was attached to the base, it ran fine without the shell on however so i have the impression its resonation, any solutions?
  3. G

Athearn F59PHI Help

Thank you very much, i will execute tomorrow. Do i have to remove the couplings first?
  4. G

Athearn F59PHI Help

Hello all, one month ago i received an F59PHI from Athearn. For a month its was working perfectly, 2 days ago it began running slower and VERY noisy. I have attempted cleaning the track but have been unable to examine the locomotive due to my not understanding how it comes off. Thanks
  5. G

Swap meet

Thank you, i will probably go
  6. G

Swap meet

Does anyone know of an upcoming swap meet in north texas?
  7. G

spirit of 76' repair help

I figured out the problem, the connections to the motors were frayed and soldering them made the loco much faster. I also (last night) invented a ghetto solution to the coupling problem. The seat for the ahc coupling is almost identical to the one i need (athearn) so i put one in, melted it and...
  8. G

Loco type Hello again, i have identified the locomotive it is an AHM FM C-Liner Spirit of '76 No.5024-25 Thanks!
  9. G

hello all, last year i received my first model train. immediately afterwards i learned that my mom had also operated rail services in her youth. The remanning bits of kit however hadn't aged well and were missing wheel sets and had fickle couplings. However, the actual locomotive, a F series...
  10. G

Help with layout

Sorry, i just realized this is in the wrong place. Oops
  11. G

Help with layout

Hello, what are some good ways to make skyscrapers for a ho layout or where can i buy some?

Back