Recent content by ghosttrain2

1. G

Roundhouse 2-8-0 Kit

I have several of these in HOn3, that were older kits with the open frame motor. They ran well, as built, but now they all have northwest shortline can motors, and flywheels.
  2. G

Narrow guage motive power

As mentioned above,MDC,brass, and also Ken Kidder kits that were also brass. They make believable C & S 2-6-0 locos. The ones I have were tender drive that I remotored to the boiler.
  3. G

Chalk for weathering trains,track, structures?

Chalk is great for rust,faded paint, and dirt. I have used it to weather alot of my locomotives and rolling stock.
  4. G

Source for Old West false front buildings?

Might try Wild West Models, http://www.wildwestmodels.com/Welcome.html I have built 2 of their models,and they are good kits.
  5. G

Looking for Good Hobby Shop in Las Vegas

I've been to a couple there,and used the yellow pages. Westside trains on Durango is still there-It was ok. Alot of HO from what I remember.(It's been a couple of years)
  6. G

Garyman

Hello, and Welcome! What scale do you have?
  7. G

Drgw

Winnemucca,Nevada-still have a home in Montrose,CO though.
  8. G

Drgw

D&RGW,RGS,Colorado Midland-if it ran in Colorado,I model it up to 1950. I lived in Montrose,CO until last june.
  9. G

The Best Locomotives

Running-Atlas/Kato, Spectrum steamers,proto 2000,stewart FT's, out of the box,Athearn Steamers with some work/adjustments. Detail- Brass,Blackstone. I'm an HO-HOn3 modeller.
  10. G

D&RGW Aspen Branch scenery ideas

what time period are you modelling? Narrow gauge or standard gauge. The rails are still in place to Aspen.The Colorado Midland also went to Aspen until 1918. The rails follow the river/creek drainage. The Denver public library site has a great digitized photo collection from some of the noted...
  11. G

Hello !

Hello and Welcome!
  12. G

Hit the jackpot at the Wheaton, IL show yesterday

Thats a great show! I went to that monthly in the 80's when I lived in Hanover Park,IL. The selection was good then.That was a great buy,and is finished well.
  13. G

What turnouts do you use?

Shinohara,Micro engineering,BK,and Handlaid
  14. G

Narrow gauge poll V2

Colorado narrow gauge lines-D & RGW,Denver South Park & Pacific,Rio Grande Southern,Colorado And Southern,Silverton Northern,Silverton Railroad,and Unitah Railway, in HOn3
  15. G

Loco's you just had to have but...

Boy-where to start...I model 1890-1920 Colorado standard and narrow gauge,that got stretched to the 1950's transition era.I have a pair of atlas gp7's and SD9's in Rio Grande,and a PA and PB in Rio Grande.I also have a Milwaukee Road diesel,as I grew up in the Chicago area,and a CB&Q F unit.Then...

Back