Recent content by GatorDave

1. GatorDave

Coffee Shop XXVII

David, Thanks. That is the email address that I have. I remember after hurricane Ivan hit, when we lived in Florida, the power was out for nine or ten days. Hopefully that is all that it is. Dave
  2. GatorDave

Coffee Shop XXVII

Hello everyone. Some of you may remember me from way back. I haven't been on in some time. I came here to check on Rex and the rest of the folks in Alabama. I see from the above post that no one has heard from them. I tried to email Rex, but I haven't been in touch in a while and I don't know if...
  3. GatorDave

Coffee shop one-three

Hey Rex, Thought I would look for you in here... since I didn't get an email from you after the game.:D Well, it was a great game and someone had to lose.(just glad it wasn't the Gators!) I was on the edge of my seat the entire game. I didn't relax until the last minute of the game. Maybe...
  4. GatorDave

Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

Rex, The last time Nancy and I went camping I told her that next time I was going to take a picture of the bed of the truck before we unload everthing. That way I could remember how I packed it in to start with!:D Somehow something always ends up riding in the cab with us on the way home...
  5. GatorDave

Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

Hey Rex, I thought I might find you in here. Tough, tough loss. I was really pulling for your Tide tonight. Like you said above, LSU is a hard team to like and a harder team to beat. And as you know, I have felt their sting this season! I really thought Bama had it in the bag late in the...
  6. GatorDave

"Name that Town" Contest

Hey Rex! How about Gatorland or Gatorville or... well maybe not. :) A couple of small communities near me that I have always liked are Pine Barren and Mineral Springs. Regardless, your making some great progress my friend. See Ya, Dave
  7. GatorDave

Athearn Gondolas

I bought a string of Athearn covered gondolas(twelve of them, I believe) at a show. They were blue box and after I had them assembled I ran them and half of them jumped track at some point... usually on a curve. I hot glued weights from an old Life Like "toy" diesel... you know the kind that...
  8. GatorDave

Foto fun Friday 1st June

Hello everyone. As of late, the only thing I have to offer this thread is some "attaboys". I see that lots of you are making progress and the photos are great. Steve, I love the ballast loader. Grande Man... I'm impressed as always. I did actually get the first few 1x4's attached to...
  9. GatorDave

For Laughs if nothing else

Carey, Thank you so much for that link! I have just spent a couple of hours reading one of the email exchanges between a "would be scammer" and the man who turn the tables on him. Too funny! I have the site bookmarked and plan to read more. Toward the end, I almost started feeling sorry for...
  10. GatorDave

Athearn decoder install - tidy?

Steve, I had a similar problem and I found an easy fix. But you will have to forget about Digitrax. Their decoders are too large for Athearn Geeps... there is simply not enough room in the shell. I installed one and the shell would never completely snap down on the chassis.... no matter where I...
  11. GatorDave

Gsmrr

They said it was because it was slow and they couldn't justify running two excursions. The last time we went it was in May... and it was slow. Only us and two other couples in the coach, but they still ran both excursions. What bothered me is that they never got a number from us when we...
  12. GatorDave

Gsmrr

Well, I have nothing to share about our GSMR excursion because it never happened. We purchased our tickets for Monday the 7th for the Dillsboro to Bryson City trip. We arrived in Dillsboro and were greeted by a sign informing us that the excursions from Dillsboro for Monday- Thursday had been...
  13. GatorDave

Gsmrr

Eric, First... Happy Anniversary!! Now, What are you doing riding my train?!?:mad: :D Nancy and I have seen every site that you have posted here. We are actually leaving on the 30th of this month to go. We stay in Cherokee and will be there until the 11th of May. We go every year around...
  14. GatorDave

Birmingham History Part 17. Ghosts of the Past, The Ensley Works Today

They must look super-duper good on the CRT 'cause they look pretty darn good on this flat panel! It's nice to see that the history has survived even if it is a little "weathered". Most of the old railroad history around here was shipping related (docks and piers and such) and has long been...
  15. GatorDave

Remember me?

Ok everyone... Meet Charlie! If you have read through this thread you know my lab Krystal, who we had for 13 years, had bone cancer. We had to put her down back at the end of January. She was tough, but just couldn't hold on any longer. Well, now we have a new family member.;) Dave

Back