Recent content by fpmacko

1. F

How to detect which DCC loco is in a block?

I wish I knew about this back when I was traveling to Denver and the Springs for work.
  2. F

Figured as much. For now I'll keep the consists short and worry about that later on. And we're looking into how we can do geolocation within the layout so that we don't have to deal with transponders. We like to tinker.
  3. F

Classic example of serendipity. I dropped my subscription to Model Railroader a while back when they bought Garden Railways magazine and subsequently disappeared it. But the trains.com unlimited subscription looks too good to pass up because it includes other mags that I've wanted but didn't...
  4. F

(sigh) Thanks much for this info. Obviously I have a lot to learn about this stuff despite 45 years as an EE. DCC has a lot more to offer than what I was exposed to years ago. I took a look at these two systems and it sure seems like they're closed systems. This is a joint "Hey, what's...
  5. F

Ok, you got me. :) Power Districts it is. The layout is 16' long by 6 at one end and 4 at the other. Everything will be clearly visible from one position, at least for now. The reason why I want to know which loco is where is that I'm planning a totally automated layout. I'm using DCC only...
  6. F

My modeling so far as been only large scale outdoor so I'm still learning about DCC. I'm building a small indoor HO layout using NCE BD20 DCC block detectors on each of my 10 blocks. Not sure if I'll be using JMRI or something homebrew as a control system. I understand how block detection...

Back