Recent content by fiend540

1. F

New Layout (Switching)

Well I have a little update for you guys, I dumped my plan for the awesome one steinjr came up with (It's awesome thanks again!) and printed it out in full scale so I could get a feel of it. I must say I didn't realize how much roomier the layout would feel. There is plenty of track space and I...
  2. F

New Layout (Switching)

Having a run around would be nice, but they just eat up too much room and I don't really consider it a must have right now. Yeah I mean, the run around is "there" in a sense, it's just located outside of the layout itself. Wow, thanks. I have been struggling for awhile now with the...
  3. F

New Layout (Switching)

Well I haven't posted here in awhile, life has been busy over the past year with a move from Western NY to Denver CO but now that we are settled in it is time for me to start my first layout. The primary focus is for it to be a fun to operate switching layout, a little generic in era/location...
  4. F

My favorite pics I've taken this month. (Dial up be aware!)

Thanks for sharing, I wish there were models of those Aluminum hoppers like the STLX unit you captured.
  5. F

Jerome's Switcher Roster

Here's a real looker for ya http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=374604&nseq=24
  6. F

Anyone use AnyRail?

Anyrail is way easier to use than XTrkCad imo
  7. F

Modern oil refinery

Pretty sure it was the refinery and not the dump, the smell was very distinct and reminds me of a NOCO energy Storage tank field in Tonawanda NY. I will have to check it out though, as well as this neat Industrial park I noticed on my way to work near where the 225 meets I70. Need to try out my...
  8. F

What's on your layout..

I voted USA only but really I like North American prototypes (US & Canadian), and I find the South American prototypes with their crazy truck combos very interesting, but not something I would model.
  9. F

Modern oil refinery

I smelled this place before I passed it on my way to I76 speedway saturday lol. A little OT but there is a yard that you can see from I76 in the town of Hudson that is jammed packed with black tank cars, I'm talking what looks like a couple hundred or so. Any ideas what they are used for, there...
  10. F

Switcher for sale

There's a lot more to the story if you are interested, basically why it's up for sale. http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=75222&hilit=childrens+museum
  11. F

Are Bachmann sd40-2's Any Good?

They just did, or are in the process of doing another run of them.
  12. F

BNSF,NS and CSX: Should they do Heritage scheme's like UP did?

I think NS/CSX should repaint all their units Blue with quality logos :D
  13. F

Questions for the Denver/Colorado Modelers

Lol, yeah Florida was a big NO from us for many reasons but that certainly doesn't help. I was just about to build a layout and then we found out about the move and that was that. I am now planning a small shelf style switching layout in our spare bedroom and I hope to get started on it within...
  14. F

Have to go where the work is I suppose, although this was a planned transfer within the wife's company and we chose Denver over places like Orlando, NJ and Fort Worth. We are liking Denver so far, the sun is so damn bright lol now if only our furniture would show up! Thanks for the railfaining...
  15. F

Cool, and I agree with the name issue, just because you get a new track sponsor doesn't mean you can ditch your heritage. Have fun at Mid-Ohio, it's a shame the prototype class is a little lack luster but atleast you will hear that aston v12, and the gt battle is world class!

Back