Recent content by Eta power

1. Eta power

A "Wireless" DCS?

While that is a noble goal, it does seem that you have managed to find yourself in quite the conundrum. I wish you good luck, although I do not see the point of using a preparatory system.
  2. Eta power

A "Wireless" DCS?

The club I belong to is still getting used to DCC - we're right in the middle of our first DCC open house. I can't imagine trying to adopt something else, at least not right now. This wireless direct-to-locomotive technology seems to still be in its infancy, so I will be sticking to good old...
  3. Eta power

Is replacing my DH123D's with TCS T4X's a good idea?

I been a lonnnnnnng time since I've updated this thread, but I have made some progress, so here goes. I finally got myself two T4X's, and installed them. They have worked properly from the get-go. I'm done with Digitrax. Now, the locomotives don't run perfectly, but some soldering should...
  4. Eta power

Layout Road Names, etc.

What about Johnny B. Good with his guitar?
  5. Eta power

Well, I tore into the delinquent unit (9316) today. I cleaned up the way too greasy trucks, and put everything together nice and neat. We'll see if this helps come Tuesday (my club's meeting day, I don't have layout of my own). If this doesn't work, I'll try having the wires soldered to the...
  6. Eta power

Hello, I've been having some issues with my two Digitrax DH123D-equipped Athearn Ready to Roll SD45T-2's. For quite a while they worked pretty good, but lately everything has gone to hell. Using JMRI through a NCE system, I keep getting "Locomotive Not Detected (301)" errors. Then, suddenly...
  7. Eta power

What manufacturers in HO, still produce kits?

Thanks for the list! I already have a few of the tools you mention, but I am working on expanding my tool box. I have an Intermountain Kit that I am bound and determined to finish, so I see a pin vice and a few small drill bits in my future.
  8. Eta power

I have used a number of different trucks. Kato, Kadee, Proto 2000, Athearn (the ones that come with metal wheels), Accurail (plastic replaced with metal) and they all seem to work fine. The roller bearing Kato trucks have bearing that actually moves (really cool), and the Bettendorfs (sp?) will...
  9. Eta power

Accu rail cars

Nope. You can buy drop-in metal wheels, but beware, the are shiny. REALLY shiny. They roll nice, though. http://accurail.com/accurail/parts.htm
  10. Eta power

I'm a fan of Accurail. I do have some BB stuff, but I find that Accurail cars are easier on the eyes (for the most part). I can't stand ready to run rolling stock. Why take all the fun out of it and then charge more money? I'm a teenager, so money is pretty tight... a $30 RTR piece of rolling...
  11. Eta power

dcc locomotive question

All DCC decoders/decoder-equipped locos should work fine. For sound, that's up to you, there are many different suppliers (Soundtraxx, Lens, Digitrax, etc...). Opinions on different sound decoders vary by person, so you'll have to do your own research to find what you like (YouTube is a good...
  12. Eta power

Cattle ranching -- HO scale

Looks wonderful! I wish I had the skills/resources to do that!
  13. Eta power

Our sorely lacking website: http://www.cgmrc.com/ Or you could try a Google Search. Here is a schematic: The picture of my engines was taken at Memaloose.
  14. Eta power

These are my Southern Pacific SD45T-2's, nos. 9316 & 9325. In this picture, they are stopped on a downhill grade at the Colombia Gorge Model Railroad Club. Sorry about the picture width.

Back