Recent content by eric2448

1. eric2448

Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

Im in! I think I have a list of some of the Simmons Kits. No knowledge of Circus Train Miniatures.
  2. eric2448

I believe the difference was the gear/wheels used on the Preiser Barnes Wagon compared to the gear/wheels on the Preiser Golmer Mirror Wagon; they were both a little different. They fetch a premium when you can find them. Some of the Walthers resin kits came with these Preiser produced under...
  3. eric2448

I always liked the Preiser wagons. I wish they would have done additional parade wagons. The details are great. Took me a while to get them all.
  4. eric2448

That’s the one! That’s the only complete Cole set I’ve seen. Wish they had more photos of that one as well.
  5. eric2448

On the old CMB website there was an issue of their magazine available that had an article with tons of pictures of someone’s McCoy train. IIRC there were a number of custom built equipment wagons. It’s a really neat looking set. Unfortunately when they changed the website, they took down that...
  6. eric2448

Wow, you did the full train. Well, if you get back to that tote in the future, would be great to see!
  7. eric2448

Ive been collecting some McCoy wagons over the past year to fill up the 4 flats I have. I hope mine turn out as good as yours. Im trying to complete one set of cars as a small show consist. Do you have any pictures of your McCoy train Joe? Did you build any of the passenger cars? Im also going...
  8. eric2448

Unafon looks great I like how you painted the wheels, good colors. The town looks awesome, I like how you lit the buildings. Do you run your train or is it a static display?
  9. eric2448

Nice wagons Joe! Your storefront interiors look great as well. Have any pictures of your town?
  10. eric2448

Its exciting to see some new discussion going on here! This thread is a great trove of information as I look back. Johnny, Ive enjoyed following your work for the past number of years including your current build, your work is amazing. I have a number of hospital cars to complete and the...
  11. eric2448

LaMesa Model Railroad Club Layout

I believe so. Ive seen and attached a couple of videos of other roads on the layout. If you search youtube, there are a lot of videos of the museum. I also attached a link to their Facebook page. There are a lot of photos from their TT/TO ops sessions. Ive sent them messages for information...
  12. eric2448

WPF 4/14 to 4/21

Im enjoying everyones work this week. I finally assembled 15 of the flat cars for my Ringling Bros Circus train this week and am happy with the results. I still have some more work to do before I can consider them finished. They all started life as Walthers kits from the early 90's and were...
  13. eric2448

BLI new announcement?

It looks a lot like an ES44 to me. Although most of the prototype photos Ive found have to door on the opposite side. This looks almost correct for the NS Heritage fleet, but how many more of those can the HO scale market support? It looks nice if thats what it is.
  14. eric2448

Sounds good Joe, I look forward to seeing the pix!
  15. eric2448

New bli northern bad news

Ive heard of various decoder issues with the Paragon 2 ATSF Northerns, but this is the first Ive heard about the drive train. My Northern I purchased the day they were released would not take a long address. Since starting to toy around with JMRI hooked up with my PowerCab, I have not had any...

Back