Recent content by Emperor of the North

1. Emperor of the North

Pennsylvania RR 4-8-2 M1 and M1A Project coming up

Took a couple shots of my young small collection (besides the dozen units on lay-away). The brass M1A is too nice to mess with as is it's tender and the NOS N5B, but I have a few brass pieces coming which I won't think twice about modifying and customizing. My modern Diesels are all DCC/Sound...
  2. Emperor of the North

Did some decals tonight. Have not done anything like that for 50 + years....... Decided not to get anal about it and used some numbers which came on the decal sheet. There was NO WAY I was going to try to piece single numbers together and try to get them straight..... Nobody but a...
  3. Emperor of the North

Yup, fixed those shiny wheels and got the "Cabin Car" and tender lowered too. Just waiting on the postman for my Micro Sol/Set :)
  4. Emperor of the North

Yep, they will get blacked out too.
  5. Emperor of the North

Here is what the Museum did... If the museum specimen is too light, then it's a crappy museum. ????? I skipped the red roof too
  6. Emperor of the North

Yeah, I'm not modeling PRR only have a display. I'm from Minnesota so I prefer Soo Line, BNSF or Milwaukee which are what my Diesel rigs are. Alan, the Loco runs excellent. I just need to run my wire from the tender to the Loco. Once I cleaned the 30 year old grease (which had dried and...
  7. Emperor of the North

As far as Smokebox Gray, I saw some which were lighter gray like this pic, and some which were almost black so what's correct??? They all are so no sleep lost. Even the purist scratch their heads since one paint shop didn't have enough gray, so they mixed some black so they had enough to do the...
  8. Emperor of the North

ALSO, The caboose looks like a jacked 4WD pick up. it's too high but will remedy that shortly.
  9. Emperor of the North

You are correct sir. I had a coupler mismatch and flipped the springs on the tender instead of the Caboose. They will both be installed correctly tomorrow. I knew you would catch that. As soon as I flipped the springs on the tender, It was way top heavy and tippy. Seen it right away...
  10. Emperor of the North

OK, i'm ready for tomorrow which is when my Decal juice will be here. After looking on the bay and some other sites, I think mine came out pretty good for my first attempt at paint and body work. Here is some shots before decals. Perfect? Not by any stretch of the imagination but as the boys...
  11. Emperor of the North

The pic of the caboose I am trying to emulate on page 4 is NOT a stock PRR color. It's more red I believe. It looks nicer but I don't think it matches the stock color. I used PRR Caboose red. Looks more crap brown.
  12. Emperor of the North

I got the caboose about finished. I used a textured black on the roof. Not sure if I like it or not. We'll see after some satin clear. Otherwise, it looks good. Crappy lighting, the spots at the apron around the bottom is glare from the metal plate it is sitting on.
  13. Emperor of the North

HA!, that number don't count the pieces I have on layaway either...... All that in 6 weeks??????

Back