Recent content by efram

1. efram

Bogenville Terminal Ry.

Thanks for all the kind and encouraging words! More to follow! Efram
  2. efram

Bogenville Terminal Ry.

At long last, a blog update! I truly appreciate the continued page visits, and I hope your patience will be rewarded by the new posts. Happy railroading! Efram
  3. efram

Attaching feeders to track before installing the track

I use CVT tie strips and ME track. I glue and lay the rail first, being mindful of where my feeders will be coming up through the road bed. I make sure the webbing is cleared for the track feeders. Once the track is installed, I solder the feeders to the underside of the rail. I usually tin...
  4. efram

Train spotting in Bogenville

That's a good idea, and I suspect I was too liberal with the glue. Those clumps look so good, I hope I can make them work. Also, I would be pleased to work on some D&H units :)
  5. efram

Thanks for the kind words. Indeed, those clumps are actually catching plows and the underside of the trucks, so they were recently removed. I think I soaked too much glue into them, causing them to be rigid. I have clumps in other places that are not an issue. They are grass tufts from Siflor.
  6. efram

Here are a few train spotting shots from the (under progress) Bogenville Terminal Railway. Enjoy, and thanks for looking.
  7. efram

Vintage Northlander

I was forwarded this picture from my Co-worker's father in law. The specifics, (date, time, location,) are unknown, but it's a rare picture, no doubt. Enjoy! Thanks, Efram
  8. efram

Bogenville Terminal Ry.

Forum updated! Please, check it out. Thanks for your patience, continued support and page views! Efram
  9. efram

What switch size and brand should I select?

Don't forget about Micro-Engineering track. They make beautiful, near-scale RTR track, and make DCC-ready switches.
  10. efram

Thank you Kato Ho!

I thought Walthers was releasing Proto2000 amfleet cars with full details?
  11. efram

The New Kato P42 in HO: Some Questions

It seems like they've modeled an Amtrak version with a rebuilt nose? It won't apply to anyone who wants to model an as-delivered, commuter or Via version. I'm thinking, (knowing Kato's amazing reputation for engineering,) that those coreless truck drives will be amazing. I will probably...
  12. efram

QRR Fan

The dispute has been entered, but they give him 15 days to respond, I think.... it's just disappointing and I'm surprised someone on the forum could be so brazen...
  13. efram

QRR Fan

...still nothing....
  14. efram

QRR Fan

So I've entered a payment dispute with paypal, he still hasn't responded... hope he's ok.
  15. efram

QRR Fan

That's not the issue. He initially took 5 days and a prompt to acknowledge the receipt of the paypal payment. After that point, he has twice not responded ( after a further 5 days) for a simple confirmation of shipment and tracking number.

Back