Recent content by Dortoh1

1. Dortoh1

Photo Fun 6-27/6-30

Thanks Zoegraf, the only reason I would is the shine makes them hard to photograph because of the reflections. Doug
  2. Dortoh1

Smokey Valley and Micro Weld

Yes I know, my local shop has it as does Walthers. My point was that it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was discontinued for EPA reasons. In my line of work they come out with new rules for us all the time. Some are totally ridiculous. And have no ultimate effect on the environment.
  3. Dortoh1

Smokey Valley and Micro Weld

Tenax 7R man myself. There has been a lot of talk on other boards about Tenax and others being discontinued for EPA reasons. Inevitable I guess, works to good for the EPA not to ban it.
  4. Dortoh1

Private Rail Car Trips

We're very lucky here in the St. Louis area that the local NRHS chapter has people like my friend Rick that are ambitious enough to deal with Amtrak and the private car owners to arrange the trips. My first train trip was a steam engine excursion put on by the Frisco 1522 people and the St Louis...
  5. Dortoh1

Private Rail Car Trips

The trip to St Paul was behind the Empire Builder. As far being forced onto other routes by flooding, that is whats known as a rare mileage trip. When a passenger train uses track that passenger trains usually dont use. Very coveted by private car riders :)
  6. Dortoh1

I need a new camera

As for reading the manual, what I find helps is to read it, get thoroughly confused, use the camera (or what ever else it maybe) for awhile, then read the manual again and it suddenly makes sense.
  7. Dortoh1

Private Rail Car Trips

Has anyone taken any private rail car trips? One of the guys in my modeling group organizes trips for the St. Louis chapter of the National Railroad Historical Society with private cars behind Amtrak. I was lucky enough several years ago when the economy and my business were better to take two...
  8. Dortoh1

Photo Fun 6-27/6-30

Roanoke & Western F3's fresh from the paint shop.
  9. Dortoh1

Next HO Scale Build. CNW 4279

Very nice!
  10. Dortoh1

Let's play guess that rail road name?

Thats a good one! Doug
  11. Dortoh1

I need a new camera

I have a Canon Power Shot A720IS that I love. I bought it used on Ebay several years ago for $100. Best $100 I ever spent. I also have a Sony that I bought new that I hate. In my railroad group we have four of the 700 series Power Shots and everyboby loves them. As for reliability, one of them...
  12. Dortoh1

RAPIDO TRAINS "The Canadian" Part 2

Did he happen to say if the stainless finish on the cars you saw were the way the production run was going to be, or are they going to be more reflective? Doug
  13. Dortoh1

Rapido's new "The Canadian" train set

I like Rapido's cars, for the most part the detail is great, although the colors on the Great Northern passenger cars were a big let down. It sounds like there pulling out all the stops on this one. Are they worth it? Like anything else, there worth whatever you can get someone to pay. Is a...
  14. Dortoh1

Rapido's new "The Canadian" train set

If you want to see what it takes to get something like that produced take a look at Rapido's newsletter. http://www.rapidotrains.com/telegraph_current.html
  15. Dortoh1

Painting and Decaling Locomotives

If you are decaling over any rivets, panel lines or any irregular surface, Microsol and Microset are usually needed to get the decal to settle down over the rough surface. Doug

Back