Recent content by diburning

1. diburning

Anybody custom paint?

Nope. Nothing.
  2. diburning

Anybody custom paint?

Same here. He was once a trustworthy member of HO Interchange (formerly HO Yard Sale). He recently started posting there again. I contacted the moderator/admin of the group, and linked him to this thread. The admin confronted Josh with the info, and asked him to resolve it. Josh agreed to...
  3. diburning

Anybody custom paint?

I've sent him my address twice already.
  4. diburning

Anybody custom paint?

I've exhausted my options, and honestly, it's not worth it to pursue it anymore. I've now written off the locomotive as a loss. I just hope that this thread shows up on Google so that if anyone ever googles his name in the future, they can what he has done. This is what I have done: - Filed...
  5. diburning

post your model RR tips........

Tackle boxes (for fishing) and toolboxes with compartments for drill bits, screws, and nails make great boxes for small parts. I have a bunch of tackle boxes that I use to keep kadee couplers and metal wheels in.
  6. diburning

Anybody custom paint?

Can you respond to my question now, please?
  7. diburning

Anybody custom paint?

Alright, I've returned as I have gotten nowhere. Amtrak Titan on this forum has offered to help by giving me Josh's cell phone number to contact him. I contacted him, and he asked me for my shipping address. I gave it to him (shouldn't he have it from the invoice?) and have heard nothing...
  8. diburning

Anybody custom paint?

I have stopped receiving responses from him. Should I contact his local authorities?
  9. diburning

post your model RR tips........

Q-tips work well as well. Dip the q-tip in the paint, and then lightly roll it on. You get a thin consistent layer of paint with no brush strokes.
  10. diburning

Anybody custom paint?

He's been posting on his facebook page though...
  11. diburning

Best Hobby Shops on the Web

Well.... Inflation at work? http://www.dccinstalled.com/HO-Scale-70-Ton-Open-Hopper-Cars-s/1290.htm
  12. diburning

What would you Do? (eBay locos)

Yes and no. The trick is to know what you are looking for, and to be able to see flaws in the product in the photos. If there is no photo, or if I can't see what I want to see in the photos, I will not buy it. Being able to recognize the model's brand and product line on sight is also a plus...
  13. diburning

metal wheels. which is better?

Which Blue Box wheels? Later Blue Box cars came with metal wheels. There are a few reasons why club are persistent on having metal wheels. 1. Metal wheels derail less. Metal wheels have tighter tolerances for roundness than plastic wheels. Plastic wheels are usually molded so there will be...
  14. diburning

Best Hobby Shops on the Web

Back on Black Friday, I saw that Factory Direct Trains (Broadway Limited's retail store) was having a sale. What? Under 14 bucks and change for RTR Bowser hoppers that I've never seen below $20? YES! So, I added every NS roadnumber into the cart and checked out. When the cars arrived, one...
  15. diburning

A quick and easy DCC install (lots of pictures)

That depends. The decoder in the eBay auction you linked appears to be a bulk N13SRJ decoder from NCE. The bulk decoders are for companies such as the one selling that decoder to buy a ton of el cheapo decoders for resale. The el cheapo version is a very basic decoder with NO pulse width...

Back