Recent content by dalebaker

1. D

Cleaning Tip: Walthers Mainline ES44

Thank you!
  2. D

Cleaning Tip: Walthers Mainline ES44

I’m curious, have you been able to locate any information on the ESU decoders other than the small amount in the box? I just got a KCS unit and would like a bit more documentation on it. I ran mine at our club last weekend and it did fine on the track there. I ran it with a Mainline SD70ACE as a...
  3. D

Hello from NE Oklahoma!

A friend of mine is painting the SKOL SD40-2 locomotives for me. I got a picture of the first unit done the other night. it has turned out quite well! i appreciate all the compliments and encouraging words from you all! Again, thank you very much!
  4. D

Hello from NE Oklahoma!

A couple of photos of the Gavilon Grain east complex. IRL, the elevator sits on the east bank of the barge basin. I utilized a Walthers Grain Elevator, conveyer kit and a wet/dry storage bin. The elevators are Rix products. Thanks for looking. DB
  5. D

Hello from NE Oklahoma!

Sorry Iron Horseman, afraid not. But there is a Daylight Donuts and a couple of other places down by the main entrance.
  6. D

Hello from NE Oklahoma!

Hi Guys, Thanks for the warm welcome. I’ll try to answer your questions. The BN caboose is pretty close to the shape the one I see down at the BNSF interchange tracks at the port every once in a while. I had a picture of it, I’ll see if I can find it. The BNSF runs into the port from Tiger...
  7. D

Walthers Mainline vs Athearn Roundhouse

I have 3 of the Mainline SD 70ace and 3 Athearn RTR SD40-2 units. While they are not as detailed as the Genesis models, they run pretty smooth. The sound units do not have all the sound options as the higher dollar models but they work fine for me. i will say this, out of the box with no speed...
  8. D

Comment by 'dalebaker' in media 'bnsf #617 rhight side'

You pinked him up pretty good!
  9. D

Hello from NE Oklahoma!

I just joined this forum. I have been back into the hobby for about 4 years after a 20 year lay-off. a bit about myself, I am a few years away from that great graduation to senior living. The kids are grown and gone so I was able to commandeer a room and start a layout. I also do woodworking...

Back