Recent content by D&J RailRoad

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. D&J RailRoad

Sd40t-2 and sd45 running sluggish

Were they running better in the past?
  2. D&J RailRoad

Running Bear's September 2021 Coffee Shop

Had an enjoyable day yesterday at the Wyoming Division MRR. This was a "fun run" day and operators brought modern stuff. I shot a lot of video that may be posted later. Lots of DPU activity on the long grades of the empire. I'll be hitting the road on the Goldwing tomorrow morning to head back...
  3. D&J RailRoad

Surprisingly cool morning in Clarkdale, AZ. Rode the Goldwing out here last week again and have done a few local rides. Will be observing/attending a motorcycle event today, Thunder Valley Rally in Cottonwood, AZ, just next town over. Should be a lot of bikes in town and a lot of, "Look at me"...
  4. D&J RailRoad

Soooo, who do you believe about the vaccines? Some very upstanding sources are telling us the vaccines are a problem to some. Who those "some" are, nobody knows until they check in at the ER.
  5. D&J RailRoad

Mounting Circuit Boards under the layout

Tilt your mounting surface so it sorta faces up to your line of view. Makes reading the boards easier.
  6. D&J RailRoad

Tracks Through Tucumcari, NM

I'm on another motorcycle road trip and decided to stop for the night in Tucumcari, NM, right off of I-40. I saw on my smart phone map there were tracks running along the north side of town, must be the BNSF that runs all the way to Barstow, CA. Checked into a flea bag motel, went got some...
  7. D&J RailRoad

That was the right kind of RV to go rail fanning in Sherrel. Sorry you had to let it go.
  8. D&J RailRoad

Another Op Session Tomorrow

Op session went well today. Had four operators show up. Not a big crew but each had his own train assignments through the afternoon. Six local freight drags delivered their assignments and picked up freight cars destined for the main classification yard. Eight trains were destined for outside...
  9. D&J RailRoad

Another Op Session Tomorrow

I didn't think I would get much response but last week I put out a message that I would conduct an op session on the D&J Railroad if I got enough responses. There were enough, so the past few days I've been putting together trains and way bills to keep the operators busy for about 6 hours...
  10. D&J RailRoad

Broadway Limited UP 4-12-2

Ya just have to claim the whole basement and start building.
  11. D&J RailRoad

Good morning all. Just stopped by for a coffee to go. Planning another op session on the D&J Railroad for this Saturday. After that, I'll hit the road on the Honda Goldwing for a few weeks out to Arizona to rail fan in the desert. Last long ride for the season.
  12. D&J RailRoad

Running Consists With Foreign Power

I would think those details would be in the agreement documentation. It's not like only the engineers toss each other the keys to locos and just tell em to bring it back with a full tank.
  13. D&J RailRoad

Running Consists With Foreign Power

Distributed power can be a problem if the locomotive on the rear doesn't closely match the lead units. If it's to slow, it will be a drag to the lead locos and cause straight lining on curves. If it's to fast it will push your cars off the rails in curves or straight track. Here is a video of...
  14. D&J RailRoad

I don't know the answer because I don't try to run these on snap track or coffee table top layouts. You might check the BLI web page or send them and email. If you have 22" radii curves, you might want to just stick with the small locomotives and rolling stock.
  15. D&J RailRoad

Yes, both are very well tuned locomotives.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.