Recent content by CP9302

1. CP9302

Bachmann cylindrical hopper bash, painted & weathered

Stellar work, as always. I have a couple of these hoppers to fix up one day, who knows if I'll ever get around to it. Yours is an inspiration!
  2. CP9302

AHM Flexi-Flo hopper bash

Looks amazing! Not much AHM left in that one.
  3. CP9302

Best Custom Painters?

Mark Roach is the best custom painter I know. He's painted models for some prominent model railroaders. You can check his stuff out here: http://roachcustompainting.weebly.com/ He's a member of this site too.
  4. CP9302

News From Athearn at the National Show

But for $184 you are getting a DCC Sound equipped engine. That is still a bargain compared to most other sound equipped engines. $135 for non-sound DCC ready is not as good a deal. I was hoping they may follow Intermountain's lead and put DCC decoders in the non-sound units as well, since they...
  5. CP9302

AHM Flexi-Flo hopper bash lots of photos

Excellent work, as always. You'll have a top notch model when you're done. You're photos will serve as inspiration when I finally get around to upgrading some of those cars. Thanks for sharing.
  6. CP9302

MBTA Project Complete!!!!!

That is a complex paint scheme for a first attempt. It turned out great!
  7. CP9302

Bowser Locos

Bowsers newer diesels are very nice models. The C630M is a great running and looking engine. The sound is very nice too. The Baldwin 4-4-1000's are also nice. The sound in these is out standing. I would not hesitate to recommend Bowser's latest offerings.
  8. CP9302

Does anyone know if SD40's had 81" short hoods ?

SD40's should have 81" noses. This was the standard nose from 1963 - 1977. Units produced after 1977 would have the 88" nose. (or one of the other longer variations)
  9. CP9302

What's the deal with PWRS & PORTERS?

I've been dealing with PWRS since before they had an internet site you could order on. The phone calls are a hold over from the days they only did business over the phone. The 'sales guys' made commission of your purchases through them. The phone call is so they can setup the details of your...
  10. CP9302

Intermodal questions

If you use magnets, I'd recommend a magnet on the top or bottom and a metal plate on the other. If you use two magnets, you'll have to make sure they line up perfectly, or the containers may not stack properly as two magnets will try to align them selves together. One magnet will just stick to...
  11. CP9302

Intermodal questions

I made my own 'card stock' containers by scanning all sides of my weathered plastic containers. I glued them to a foam board base to give them strength and help maintain their shape. I only use them as part of the backdrop though, as they just don't look as good as the 'real' plastic ones for...
  12. CP9302

Scratched 6 Axle Whalebelly tanker..Finished less paint

Top notch work as always! I love seeing your tank car builds.
  13. CP9302

WPF 2/9 to 2/14

Here a few shots from the Windsor Model Railway Club layout over the past few weeks. DM&E 6362 leads an ethanol train across the 'Big Bridge'. CP 9024 blows the horn as it approaches Main St. in Cliffside. ETR 108 and 104 depart Cliffside with a wind turbine blade train.
  14. CP9302

GP9's, where do you get them?

Athearn Genesis undec's are due out in July 2014. Athearn has announced several undec locos in the past year, including GP38-2, GP40-2, AC4400 and GP9's, here is a chance to show Athearn that undec's do sell and are needed in the hobby...
  15. CP9302

Building CP Rail NSC 3-Unit 48ft Well cars

First up, here is a side by side comparison shot of the early (bottom) and late (top) style cars completely detailed and ready for painting. The photo etched walkways are not on yet, as they don't need to be painted. I wash the cars in warm water with dish soap to remove any grease and oil...

Back