Recent content by CP6027

1. C

Athearn Question

Make sure the motor is not grounding out on the chassis, had this problem on my F59PHI.
  2. C

Soundtraxx SDN144PS

I created a thread with my experience with the decoder. Click here
  3. C

SDN144PS Sound Decoder installed in a Kato SD70MAC

Well I use a NCE PowerCab DCC system, so I doubt that would work with the PR3 programmer. Also these sound decoders are 8 bit samples and only three sounds at once. They have a great price point but in this case you get what you pay for. Higher ohm speakers gave even less volume. I found...
  4. C

SDN144PS Sound Decoder installed in a Kato SD70MAC

I have been playing around with a Digitrax SDN144PS Sound Decoder. I figured since it came with a 8 ohm speaker, it might work fine for some HO installs with small 16 x 35 mm 8 ohm speakers. I haven't had any luck getting any volume out of the decoder. Also the sound that comes out is really...
  5. C

Soundtraxx SDN144PS

I have one and the sound is not even in the same quality as say MRC in my opinion. Tsunami for me is still the best. I will make a separate post once I get it installed in an engine. From initial experience it looks like to get any sound you may need a 32 ohm speaker. There doesn't seem to...
  6. C

Athearn SD40 and MRC 1634 sound decoder

I sold that locomotive a long time ago. I didn't have any issues with the loco after the sound install. I removed the weights on my Athearn SD40T-2s for speakers and they work fine. Here is a video of them running and pulling some cars. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfmvCr_Aruo
  7. C

Who makes the blue inter modal crane? How much shipped to 62040? Do you accept Paypal?

Who makes the blue inter modal crane? How much shipped to 62040? Do you accept Paypal?
  8. C

Noob here, my first layout...pic inside!!

Nice first layout. You will build a lot more, have fun with the first one, everything you learn will benefit you on future layouts and the never ending quest for bigger and more accurate modeling of real life railroading. Sometimes people on these forums forget to encourage the new guys...
  9. C

BLI SD40-2 w/NCE N14IP running slow

I haven't had any issues with Blueline either but I am using a NCE PowerCab and it has always programmed Sound DCC decoders on the programing track and even reads back CVs from MRC decoders. Glad to hear you got it fixed.
  10. C

Designing Locomotive Acoustics for On-Board Sound Systems

Here are a few pictures of how I added the QSI High bass speaker. Custom styrene box, gasket and QSI speaker. Sort of a mini sub-woofer box.
  11. C

Athearn Genesis SD60M what type of trucks?

I know this is confusing but I'm not asking about what would be on the prototype. I'm taking about the Athearn design of the truck housing for the plastic gears, square brass bearings and half shaft wheels. I don't care for Athearn's Atlas style truck housing with the copper wiper outside...
  12. C

Athearn Genesis SD60M what type of trucks?

I am interested in getting a new Union Pacific SD60M with the Tsunami sound. What type of trucks are on these: the basic Athearn truck style or the newer Atlas/Kato wanna be style that is on the SD70M that I hate? I like the style that is on the SD45-2 Genesis with the old square brass...
  13. C

New DCC system

Good luck on the project, you have real skills in circuit design and programming to pull this off.
  14. C

Soundtraxx Tsunami connected to home amp and loudspeakers

Well I never said it had a practical use. It is fun to be able to play big train sound at will. Also Soundtraxx makes a DSP-80 system that uses Digitrax transponding to localize train sound through a series of full size units. For me this was a good demo on how that would sound. Plus it just...
  15. C

Soundtraxx Tsunami connected to home amp and loudspeakers

I wanted to hookup my Tsunami sound decoder to my large home speakers, just to see how good the sound really is on these new decoders. This is a Soundtraxx Tsunami AT1000 DCC decoder being fed into a home theater receiver. This consists of taking the 8 Ohm speaker output and running it...

Back