Recent content by claymore1977

1. claymore1977

Police Lightbar Work

I'll continue in this thread since I don't feel like cluttering up the forum with my projects :) During the warm summer months, I've been amiss with keeping up with my Model Railroading hobby. But, with the beautiful weather we've had this year, I'm sure most will understand my choosing to be...
  2. claymore1977

What am I in for?

Okay, so you've got the track plan that meets your wants (and budget)?
  3. claymore1977

What am I in for?

Reading through the thread, I'm a bit confused. Do you have a layout or are you still planning? (I can't hit youtube.com from work.) I suppose the overall question for your layout is: What do you want to do with it? Drive trains in circles and watch them? Grab a throttle and switch out the...
  4. claymore1977

Police Lightbar Work

Completion: 1:24 Model of a Whelen Liberty Lightbar And that's a wrap. Well, almost. I need to bump up the amplification on the headlights and decal the model, but other than that, it is finished! The entire point of the exercise was a proof of concept on an accurate modern emergency vehicle...
  5. claymore1977

Help!!!!!confused!!!!

Self resolving problem :)
  6. claymore1977

Help!!!!!confused!!!!

I third(?) this. I agree 100% with Iron on this. Ask around. Be patient. There was a measly 1 hour 48 minutes between "I got a new loco, but it doesn't work" and "Im taking it back to the LHS!". It took me about 10 seconds to google: "how to make an 8 PIN DCC plug". You found the...
  7. claymore1977

Adventures on the Oregon California & Eastern

I don't know what you all are talking about, the link works fine! :) *snicker* Excellent layout, great pictures. Love those D&RGW units!
  8. claymore1977

Anyone here sell model trains?

I think the basics of small business apply to our hobby as well: Simply put, you have to provide the customer a reason to buy from you. Better price, better quality, better customer service, better selection, etc. As the global economy, on the whole, worsens, people are becoming more and more...
  9. claymore1977

Am I the only one....

No, there's quite a lot of people who get to about this stage, become happy, and never really move any 'farther' along the stereotypical path towards a 'complete' layout. Perfectly fine in my book. I do honestly think that, eventually, you'll grow a bit tired of just plain plywood and will...
  10. claymore1977

My Trunk line layout 4 x 8 2 boards

Lookin good sir! Got a track diagram for us picture junkies?
  11. claymore1977

CoffeeShop XXXVII-5/1/2013

Holy cow man. I remember helping my cousin install a 128k 'Static RAM' board on a IIe. Curious, but is this a 'just for the hallibut' project or do you have a specific goal?
  12. claymore1977

Why a local hobby shop is dying

Stoker, An Affair with Trains has been mentioned on the MRH's podcast several times and, while I've never actually been there, I've heard nothing but good things. AAWT was not in business when I lived in AZ, and the only hobby shop I ever made it to up in the valley was Roy's train world...
  13. claymore1977

CoffeeShop XXXVII-5/1/2013

Jeffery, Glad to hear the shindig went down okay! Drama at weddings is just beyond aggravating :) As for your 'apple'... I assume you're talking about an older computer?
  14. claymore1977

Comment by 'claymore1977' in media 'SP at Bridgeport Roundhouse'

Excellent picture. Love dem locos
  15. claymore1977

Comment by 'claymore1977' in media 'SP SD40M-2 / SDP45'

This is a thing of beauty....

Back