Recent content by Chef Waardevast

1. Chef Waardevast

Advice on paint matching Rivarossi Empire State streamliner

Hello I just recently purchased an old Rivarossi Empire State streamliner. It was sold with some gluing error above the front headlight I managed to clean it up and wanted to paint the loco. The paint work is pretty good across the whole body and my preference is to maintain the original paint...
  2. Chef Waardevast

Repairing a Life Like E8 Cow Catcher

Thank you so much for the post, I live in Australia the term cow catcher was used in the early days it may well have changed since but pilot sounds much friendlier I can assure you. I really appreciate the suggestion I will certainly follow this up as having spares on hand will always be handy.
  3. Chef Waardevast

Thanks for the post. You know a 3D printer may not be a bad investment. As it happens I own a few E8s and noticed I had a spare guard for some reason in one of the boxes. That was a stroke of luck. I will try and repair the old one now that emergency is over and I have a replacement. Thanks for...
  4. Chef Waardevast

Hi All I just finishing converting a Life Like E8 Santa Fe Ho loco to DCC and I accidentally dropped the loco much to my disappointment. As a result I chipped the cow catcher (see image below). I don't know where the missing piece is unfortunately. Does anyone know a fix for this or where to...
  5. Chef Waardevast

High costs

Hi Frank, I returned to MRR after a 20 year absence and found the same issue. Don't get me wrong the products available at the higher end price point are exceptional. I do run a DCC layout now but I intially built a DC layout. In order for me to get immediate satisfaction at my price point...
  6. Chef Waardevast

Life Like EMD E7 replacement parts

Thanks for the post, I did contact Walthers but they don't have old stock of Life Like spares. I was advised that when Walthers took charge of the company they were given what ever spares were available at the time of purchase, but they have been sold out a long time ago.
  7. Chef Waardevast

Thank you for your response. I will have a look, its actually a great website never visited before. Regards Chef
  8. Chef Waardevast

Thanks for the post did Walthers take over?
  9. Chef Waardevast

Good evening I have an Issue with one of my Life Like E7 Santa Fe locos. I lost one of the number plates that are located to the right and left of the nose and was wondering whether replacements were available? Thanks in advance Chef
  10. Chef Waardevast

I have a strange issue with of my locos.

No not that I can tell. The P2000 shells come off pretty easy I couldn't see anything of that description.
  11. Chef Waardevast

It's code 100 HO scale by Peco. The first layout I built, I had no idea that there were different gauges. So, it may have been the case that I had a mix and match track layout previously. It was so long ago (15 years plus) I can't remember for certain. I know this time around I planned more...
  12. Chef Waardevast

Thats great, thanks for the info. its been very helpful.
  13. Chef Waardevast

Thanks Greg, I will let you know how it goes. I am just in the process of purchasing the parts are the Athearn gears of better quality than the Life Like Proto 2000?
  14. Chef Waardevast

Thanks for the post and for the advice. I looked at the loco today. I thought I would have a better look. I noticed the rear wheel of both bogies under the loco where slightly wider than the ones at the front. I decided to squeeze them together. After doing so it felt like I pushed them back in...
  15. Chef Waardevast

Thanks for the post. I just had a chance to check the loco as you advised. I found that the front bogie rear wheel turned very easy for about a half turn. Would you say the gear is cracked? If so is it a difficult job replacing the gear?

Back