Recent content by BunkerTheHusky

1. BunkerTheHusky

The Peanut Railroad (PRR)

It runs! Nice to see some happy locomotive stretching their wheels on the peanut XD
  2. BunkerTheHusky

Can oval layouts bring enough satisfaction?

As someone who is building a very large N Scale layout (19 feet by 3 feet) I have to say that I sometimes wish I had an oval. An oval layout, you can still get away with yards and other options for running trains in more than just a circle, but not have the intimidating amount of space in the...
  3. BunkerTheHusky

The Fox Creek Railroad - Layout update thread

Thanks you all for the likes and encouraging replies! I'm so happy to have people who appreciate the hobby to share it with! On the eve of winter break being over, and the kids returning to school, and thus a lot more work for me 😔, it's time to share some more I did while I had the time...
  4. BunkerTheHusky

I always say more turnouts more better!
  5. BunkerTheHusky

Boy, all the red tape you have to go through just to have your peanut layout XD Hope the plans solidify soon! Love the shape of the track plan and the humor involved!
  6. BunkerTheHusky

And just like that, another year is gone, and it's time once again to reflect on what has been accomplished. To think that just a year ago I was waiting on the Loctite Pl-300 to dry after getting the pink foam cut and placed down on the bench work. Some track was laid, but not enough to run the...
  7. BunkerTheHusky

While I am planning to do a year end wrap up post about the layout tomorrow, I am super excited to announce that I have finished* a project that I was adamant that I was going to have done by the end of this year. This building has been shown in several update posts before now but I, at best...
  8. BunkerTheHusky

Thank you! It's fun making things rusty, grimy and unappealing! I love the aesthetic of graffiti
  9. BunkerTheHusky

So I had the small Bachmann Plasticville bridge off the layout a couple of days ago for an entirely unrelated reason, and figured it was time to get some paint on it. So out came the paints, weathering powders and detail brushes! Now to scenic in the creek beneath it sometime in this next...
  10. BunkerTheHusky

The Coppertown, Davenport & Lancaster Railroad – Coppertown Terminus

Wow, this is a delightful little layout! I adore the whole vibe of it! Very nicely done!
  11. BunkerTheHusky

A very small L-shaped layout

I like it! I think it'll make a fun little layout with some different running options!
  12. BunkerTheHusky

Thank you so much! I hope you learn a lot! The important thing is to do the things you enjoy, even if they are difficult, or there are people better at it than you. Can't improve if you don't do! And do I have been, even if for only a couple minutes a day! Starting off with playing with some...
  13. BunkerTheHusky

Got a landscaping crew in today…

What beautiful attention to natural detail and composure. Truly inspiring to someone who is about to enter "landscaping mode" of their own layout!
  14. BunkerTheHusky

Just a quickie today as I get prepared for the big update coming for the layout itself. The water tower module I teased in the last update is officially done! This ended up becoming a much larger project than I was expecting, and while I had a lot of fun working on it, I'm glad to finally have...
  15. BunkerTheHusky

Hey, well you're here and caught up now! Thank you so much for your kind words!

Back