Recent content by bobthellama42

1. bobthellama42

H20-44 by Atlas?

UP2CSX - You make a good point. Walthers would be a suitable candidate as well. I figured Atlas would be the natural candidate because they already make the early version of the H16-44, which has a very similar long hood to the H20-44, but the H10-44 would work as well. Espeefan - Although...
  2. bobthellama42

H20-44 by Atlas?

Anyone willing to help me petition Atlas to build an HO scale model of an FM H20-44?
  3. bobthellama42

Weekly Photo Fun 6-11 / 6-17

Did last months MR magazine contain a photograph of your layout in the 'Trackside Photo' section?
  4. bobthellama42

"The Strip" on River Avenue at Avery Street

That's exactly what I was going to say. It reminds of the area around Zug Island, outside Detroit.
  5. bobthellama42

Weekly Photo Fun 5-22/5-28

SHM, what a fantastic photo. It almost looks like a sepia finish. I actually had to look a second time to see that it was a model, and not the real thing.
  6. bobthellama42

Track Layout Planning

Did you mean Tony Koester?
  7. bobthellama42

Track Layout Planning

A great source of information can be found at NKP@yahoogroups.com. The group is very friendly and very helpful.
  8. bobthellama42

Weekly Photo Fun 3-13/3-19

That engine (and your paint job) is a thing of beauty.
  9. bobthellama42

Haloween Weekend photofun 31Oct-2Nov

I find myself just shaking my head every time I see these photos of the steel mill. These rank as some of the coolest model photos I have ever seen.
  10. bobthellama42

Big Announcement from Southern Railway

Smoke, you sure do excellent work.
  11. bobthellama42

My new industry

Excellent work. If I didn't know any better, I would think I was looking at the old Staley (now Tate and Lyle) plant in Decatur, Illinois.
  12. bobthellama42

two years and finally done

Your steel facility is absolutely incredible. I too enjoy(ed) the old steel centers. I remember passing the Lackawanna steel works on a family camping trip as a child. It too was absolutely incredible. Twenty five years later, while visiting my sister-in-law in Buffalo, we happened to drive...
  13. bobthellama42

Weekend Photo Fun 27, 28, 29

Grampy - I look forward to reading about your layout in one of the magazines. That picture with the three Pennsy's crossing the bridge is a thing of beauty. It reminds me of my childhood in the Cheat River Valley.
  14. bobthellama42

Photo Fun 20, 21 22

I usually only see dawn when camping. This photo is completely convincing.
  15. bobthellama42

N&W SD40-2 construction

That is some fine work.

Back