Recent content by bnsf971

1. bnsf971

New Project - Proto 2000 SD45 to SP 7999

This or machine grey would be good choices.
  2. bnsf971

Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Impact is about the ten minute mark in the video.
  3. bnsf971

Folkston, GA.
  4. bnsf971

Good morning. It's clear and 59.
  5. bnsf971

Identifying manufacturer

"As it is in your hand" it is from the 1970s. The AEI code bar on the side shows that.
  6. bnsf971

Identifying manufacturer

Maybe the crew honked off management, and the cab was equipped with freight trucks as punishment.
  7. bnsf971

Good morning. It's clear and 57. My golfing career ended rather abruptly in 1984. I was participating in a One Club Tournament at Twin Brooks golf course in Gulfport, Florida, when I sliced my ball into another group playing an adjacent hole, hitting one of them in the head. That person was Sam...
  8. bnsf971

Well, I did get some model train time in, after all. I got out the new caboose to see what couplers it needed. Looks like it'll be a pair of 1023s, which seems to be "standard" for brass rolling stock. I also noticed it won't roll--at all. I was able to force the wheels to turn, but there's no...
  9. bnsf971

Identifying manufacturer

The caboose looks like a Walthers product.
  10. bnsf971

Good afternoon. It's sunny and 84. I was busy today with non-model railroad stuff. I washed the RV from roof to tires, my son and I washed and waxed the car and truck, he washed his Jeep before he headed home.
  11. bnsf971

Karl hasn't been seen since he posted that, I wonder if he lost?
  12. bnsf971

DCC on DC

It would behoove you to navigate to Rapido's website and read what they have to say about operating their dcc stuff using some dc systems.
  13. bnsf971

The brass caboose arrived yesterday, now I just need to figure out what couplers go on it. Like most brass items, even painted ones like this, come sans couplers. This one does have the mounting screws for couplers, though.

Back