Recent content by Blues909

1. B

How difficult is it to remove the shell on a Stewart DS-4-4-1000?

Well here are photo's of it done. Not the best yet here they are. I got the handrails straight and the ones that wouldn't stay I just used yellow wood glue and they are not moving now . I even installed the tiny wipers and used the couplers that came with it. I didn't have any Kadee #5 's have #...
  2. B

Yes it's been quite an experience. Thanks for reading it. If you do have one my only advice on the railings is they are tough yet thin yet you can ruin the press in pins if they won't go in easy and they tend to fly away even using good twezzers . If they don't go in I would not force them ...
  3. B

On Athearn I've only had the metal railings yet have added detail parts like details associates grabs and always CA them I place and the handrails. I have one with plastic railings yet haven't applied those and a Spectrum Train master haven't applied them either. All the P2K I've had were...
  4. B

My last question on this Stewart DS-4-4-1000. On the hand rails front and rear plus the front side. I got them on yet I had to enlarge the holes where they fit by the steps and where the lower front and rear lower cross bar fits into the top edge of the pilot one pin each side. I can get at them...
  5. B

I got the shells hand rails and grabs on, one went flying good thing they provide extras. By the time I was done with repairing the drive and did the hood with those tiny grabs my eyes could do no more. Just need top do the walkway and cab another day. did the horn and stack yesterday. I was...
  6. B

I removed the rear truck leads and the leads from the motor to the board. lifted the board over the front truck. Removed the worm cover and the shaft and worm assembly came out of the flywheel . There was some molding flash on three of the hex flats, I scraped them off and also there was some...
  7. B

Bowser emailed me back and said the hex has to move and said it sounds like flash of dirt might be the cause. here is their email to me. Bowser Manufacturing <bowser@bowser-trains.com> 6:21 AM (2 hours ago) to me what is the stock number on the end of the box...
  8. B

The oil on the hex end of the universal didn't free it up. It seems to run fine if I run it with the wheels on a flat surface IE I don't hear the noise yet that hex end of the universal shaft should move in the flywheel universal. Seems in order to fix this I need to remove the motor. I emailed...
  9. B

I removed the shell today, The 2 front shell tabs were cracked and I didn't do it only used very light pressure. I cleaned the paint off the cracks and used testors liquid cement to fix them. They were not broken off yet both had a crack on an angle at the front and near the shell bottom. I...
  10. B

I haven't removed the shell yet it's so hot here today. To describe what I see and hear. The front truck is quiet , the rear or cab truck if I leave it run up side down rattles and vibrates quite a bit. It doesn't sound like it needs breaking in, it sounds like something is either hitting the...
  11. B

I got one new in the box still wrapped neve open. It arrived on the 26th of may. I can see the bracket for the cab light is not in position. Today I finally decided to power up the loco touching the power pack clips to one set of wheels. I hear and feel the cab end truck rattle unless I tilt it...
  12. B

Has anyone experienced shipping delays with Fedex smart post?

It arrived. 1 day early and the shipping box was not damaged one bit ,sort of a shock since it's been almost a month and across the USA. Even so last time for Fedex smart post.
  13. B

Has anyone experienced shipping delays with Fedex smart post?

I just checked and it is out for delivery today VIA USPS it's one day early

Back