Recent content by blue92rs

1. blue92rs

HO scale DCC track cleaning car

Hello Greg, thank you for your input. I am glad to see more options for me to consider.
  2. blue92rs

Hey Rico. Thanks for the input. Looks like I can get the Centerline for less than half the cost of the CMX car. Did not realize they were so un-prototypical :rolleyes: lol. CbarM, I have seen the Atlas car. I think that one is fully motorized and is DCC ready. Kinda pricey though. Haven't...
  3. blue92rs

Thank you very much Carey. I will start looking around for the Centerline and CMX cars.
  4. blue92rs

Can anyone suggest some good HO scale track cleaning cars? I am in the market for one and do not know what is good or not. I have a 45 foot long shelf layout that runs along two walls of my unfinished basement. The track is filthy within 2 weeks. All rolling stock is upgraded to metal wheels. My...
  5. blue92rs

Heavily Weathered Hopper

Very nice work! I don't have the courage to try this on one of my Exact rail, Genesis, or Intermountain cars, but I would love to give it a try on one of my Blue Box kit cars. Is that what you used? Can't wait to see more!
  6. blue92rs

North Fork

Your rock work looks great! Now I want to work on the mountain/tunnel section of my layout!
  7. blue92rs

american roads

Michael, That looks awesome!!!! I am using Plaster of Paris for the roadbed then will paint with Woodland Scenics asphalt. I hope mine will turn out half as good as yours
  8. blue92rs

proto 1000 gp15 pulsing lights synced with erratic running

Well, I am waiting to hear back from MRC to find out if I voided any warranty by soldering the wires to the boards. In the meantime, I want to go ahead with your idea Terry, and piggyback a N scale decoder to one of the defective MRC ones for motor control. I experimented with a old Digitrax 121...
  9. blue92rs

Infant mortality. That's a good way to put it lol. With 20 years in the installation field of consumer automotive electronics, I have seen this many times. I really should have done more research before buying 4 of these things. IOW I should have asked you guys. If i was asked if one should...
  10. blue92rs

Hey fellas. Thanks for all the feedback! I had thought about cold solder joints, but the locomotive ran fairly well at first. This problem came on suddenly after the fifth or sixth operating session. Now the erratic running is consistent every time I try to run it. I would assume if it was a...
  11. blue92rs

Hey Micheal. Unfortunately I just spent $110 on 2 of these things. Its almost like throwing the cash directly into the trash. Maybe MRC will warranty them.
  12. blue92rs

Hello Cary. Thank you for your suggestions. I am starting to learn that these decoders are not the greatest. Especially since my recent purchase of a Athearn Genesis GP9 with DCC and sound. Wow. What a difference! Not only that, I get a buzzing sound from the speaker on the last MRC drop in I...
  13. blue92rs

Hello. Hoping for some insight. Recently installed MRC drop-in sound decoder into my Proto 1000 GP15. It doesn't run smoothly. For example if it is going forward, it jerks or pauses. The front headlight is on solid, but the rear light pulses faintly in sync with its jerky movement. This happens...
  14. blue92rs

right resistors for MRC sound decoder and Athearn 1.5v bulbs

At the rails I measure about 11.5 volts ac. I agree that is a little low. Not sure what it should be, but that is with four sound decoders humming at idle. I only run one loco at a time. My DCC system is the NCE Powercab, the 2 amp starter set.
  15. blue92rs

right resistors for MRC sound decoder and Athearn 1.5v bulbs

I thought about the led bulbs, but I am happy with the "scale" brightness of the incandescent bulbs. You are right about the lifespan and the leds are much tougher :)

Back