Recent content by bigken462

1. B

Comparing track sizes and brands

Which of the PECO turnouts are equivalent to 18" AND 22" radii. I can't seem to find anything less than a 24" on the pages. Both code 83 AND 100. No large trains for me. Just coal and tankers - mostly.
  2. B

I appreciate the replies guys. Really enjoyed the pictures too! The knowledge gained from these forums are simply invaluable. I plan on buying a metal track guide so I'm hoping that will help correct some of the problems that might crop up. I'm not doing a huge layout by any means, but like most...
  3. B

Man, oh man, I forget that my purpose was to look at your track. Sir, if I could treat you to a huge hot cup of coffee this morning I would. Two awesome videos right there! Now to go back and actually pay attention to the track details. Ken
  4. B

I am in the early planning stages for my first HO layout. My current plans will have about 22 turnouts so I'm trying to do my homework on which is best for my limited skills at laying track and model layout goals. The nearest train shop which may have any track is at least 65 miles and my time...
  5. B

Benchwork ideas for 5x8 with a 4x4 attachement.

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking we could upload copies of files from rr-track planner? Perhaps it was another train forum. I did see the attachment uploader, however the website showed the rr-planner and bitmap file was invalid. It may have been the OGR forum I had used in the past to...
  6. B

Benchwork ideas for 5x8 with a 4x4 attachement.

Good morning everyone. I'm in the early design stages of a new small HO layout. I'll be doing a 5X8 with a 4x4 attachment. Since this is going in a medium sized extra bedroom that I use for a office, I need to use caster wheels on my bench legs so that I can roll it out out a few feet to access...
  7. B

Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

Hi all, cold and breezy here today. Sadly I gotta go back to work tonight, but this morning Trystan and I put out about 500 lbs of triple 13 and about 100lbs of seed out in the yard. He did enjoy riding with me on the ATV while I put some feed and seed out for the yard. Aide from that little bit...
  8. B

Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

Well it was bound to happen sometime.....After 7 days of R&R at home, I hit the sack one last time tonight as a free man. Gotta head back to the mines tomorrow evening. Uggg The last time I dreaded going back to work this bad, I had 6 flights and 8000 miles between my soft bed here and my...
  9. B

What might be possible to do in this small space?

Something I've been tinkering with tonight. This would give me full access to my closet and let both doors open all the way. I don't know the limitations of using 18" curves, but my intent is to pull coal hoppers and maybe double stacked intramodular cars if those are available in HO scale...
  10. B

Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

Worked in the yard some today after spending a lil bit of time with my dad over at his house then I came home and fired the grill up for the first time this year. It's turned cold since all the storms came through last night. Speaking of, man we had one heck of a lightning show where I live...
  11. B

I think perhaps I can build something similar to this in RR track program. Now that some ideas are flowing, I'll see what I can come up with. Kenny
  12. B

And this right here gentleman is why you can't put a price on a good forum. I never once thought of a peninsula type thing coming out like that. OMG my wallet is so going to hate you. Lol As for renting, while I'm sure the occasional nail for a picture would be ok but out of respect for the...
  13. B

I'm really worse than any women could dream to be with not being able to making up my mind of what I want to do. This house offers a pretty spacious living room and some days I look at that place behind the sofa and think how cool a layout would be right there. Then I get to thinking about the...
  14. B

Thanks for the replies and links. Looks like I'll have to do quite a bit of reading on here. I pulled up my RR track software and seen that i'll have to purchase another library. Only 9 bucks, so it's nothing to cry over. I was surprised to see so many types of HO track. Which leads me to a few...
  15. B

Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

Evening all, it's been a nice day here. Rainy, wet, overcast......and being off from work, Ive finally been able to enjoy stormy weather from my recliner and not be called into work on a off night. Trystan and I spent half the day running around town catching up on things most everyone does...

Back