Recent content by BigD

1. BigD

Interesting video i bumped into on my comp...

How about the people walking in the median that get smacked by it? OUCH! D
  2. BigD

Union Pacific, M.T.H. Electric Trains Settle Trademark Dispute

Does this mean I have to change my little comment in my avatar?!?!
  3. BigD

Photo fun for the weekend NOV 3rd - 5th

I was thinking the same thing, looks pretty sharp.
  4. BigD

XTrkCad an my utter lack of artistic talent.

Hello all, I see everyone recommending XTrkCad to do their layouts. How many of you are incapable of using this software? Don't get me wrong, I think the software is pretty good. And I do computer tech. support, so it isn't a lack of knowledge about computers. But, I find that I have no...
  5. BigD

San Diego Model Railroad Museum (SDMRRM)

Thanks for the review Josh. I was at that museum in 2004. Those pictures brought back a bunch of memories. I'd like to go back and take my son. Thanks again, Darrin
  6. BigD

What Do You Think

I say add a flux capacitor to a couple of your modern locos and then pass them off as time traveling locomotives. :) (For those that don't recognize it, it is a reference to 'Back To The Future') I say run them both. Have fun and enjoy it. But, then again, I'm not one of them 'rivet counter'...
  7. BigD

Caption this pic.

"Hmmm....maybe we forgot something." boy: "Where are the trains, all I see are buildings." Man in blue: "You know, you may be right." Darrin
  8. BigD

Find that locomotive!!!!

Yeah, I figured as much. It was more of a little joke about the camera being run over by your loco. I'll go back into the corner.:cool:
  9. BigD

Find that locomotive!!!!

I think the third photo might explain why your camera is broken. Maybe I should say the lack of a fourth photo explains it. :D
  10. BigD

The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Josh: That does sound like a lucky dollar. Keep doing that and if it continues to grow like it did this time, you'll be able to get a new camera in no time. BTW, I've been to that museum. Really cool. I have some video of some of it. CJ: You're just lucky they scattered. During their mating...
  11. BigD

CP Rail SD40-2 that caught my attention...

Sad, really. The only thing I noticed was the blue car on its roof. I guess I need to study up a bit on these beasts. Darrin
  12. BigD

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I think I'll hang back and enjoy the conversation. Looking forward to getting to know all of you. After my time spent lurking everyone seems to be pretty light-hearted in this group. That's great! Thanks again! I'll just be over here in the corner trying to...
  13. BigD

Hi all, First coffee shop post, but thought I'd try it out and see if I can keep up with it. Maybe I've never been in the right spot, but I've noticed that on these videos that are posted, those trains are MOVING. Seems I'm always seeing them roll into yards, or getting ready to do moves. Even...
  14. BigD

Weathering, I should stay away from it.

I kind of like it. Afterall, that is about what my Quaker State looks like when I change the oil in my Subaru. :) Darrin
  15. BigD

Wheelsets

I appreciate that food for thought, Brakie. But, I had pretty much already decided "pooey on the prototype, I just want metal wheels." And was going to get all 33" wheels. Not a problem really, because I don't foresee a lot of passenger service on my layout.

Back