Recent content by BIG-D

1. B

Lets do it again Favorite photo

To you it may not be a model, but to me its my live steam!!!
  2. B

Modeling your local area

I grew up just a few miles west of the bn/up joint like in Colorado Springs. now living in Durango and working as a trainmen on the DASNGRR the places I live are pretty spectacular to model.
  3. B

Weekly Photo Fun 7-26 thru 8-1

did you see blackstone is releasing a k-36
  4. B

Manitobamodeler24's locomotives

If I remember correctly I was 12 when I started on this forum... I turn 19 in less than a month. keep it up we need more young people in this hobby!
  5. B

Any 1:1 railroaders out there?

Hey all! , I just got hired on as a brakeman on the Durango and Silverton narrow gauge railroad in Durango Colorado and I was wondering if there were any other 1:1 railroaders here on the forum.
  6. B

Role of the caboose on modern railroads?

I know the caboose in Colorado Springs is still in D.R.G.W. colors and i have seen a B.N. livery caboose in springs once upon a time
  7. B

Highest Quality Rolling Stock...

I personlly love athearn genesis rolling stock ,but it is fairly pricey but for roller bearing trucks that actually move and metal details already installed imho well worth the cost.
  8. B

How prototypical is your layout?

haha fine but mine has no escape from the circle
  9. B

How prototypical is your layout?

lets just say real trains don't go in an oval that's about a mile in length:rolleyes:
  10. B

Beginner question

i personally love athearn locos also ive had good luck with proto 2000 as well although ive heard of some cracked gear issues but i haven't ever had issues http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Command_Control here is a link to a description of dcc and how it works check it out!
  11. B

Weekend Photo Fun 6-17 to 6-19

Jeff! that car isnt nearly dingy enough for you comon man get with it :)
  12. B

Any US army stuff except Model Power ?

walthers has an trainmann set gp somthing and caboose lettered for army red and yellow letters
  13. B

Workin on the Railroad (what did you do this week?)

Nothin too exciting this week from me went to my lhs and bought some knucke couplers to convert some n gauge cars and bought a new n gauge caboose planning on stripping a gp 15? and painting it into colorado midland colors could be tricky because the midland only ran steam till it disappered but...
  14. B

Weekly Photo Fun 1/4 - 6/4

^ hey i think i see my grandpas truck haha nice shot
  15. B

Train controllers for kids?

what you could do is wire in a three position toggle switch forward off reverse?

Back