Recent content by badguy87

1. B

1/87th Vehicles

I agree. You can literally almost throw the stuff at it and it looks natural.
  2. B

1/87th Vehicles

Amazing as usual! Impeccable weathering techniques.
  3. B

1/87th Vehicles

No. I made it out of sheet styrene. The filler neck is from a sprue of Roco details. Remember, in most cases, the tanks have a rubber barrier between it and whatever it's bolted to. Again, styrene I painted flat black. There's no wrong way to do it my friend. Use your imagination and I...
  4. B

1/87th Vehicles

Im just about finished up with this one. It could use a spotlight, windshield wipers, and some tools in the back. But overall Im satisfied. Its a Roco Dodge. It came new in the box with a blue lightbar, simulated canvas top, and staked sides on the bed. The new lightbar is made from strip...
  5. B

1/87th Vehicles

I buy most of my parts and details from the local hobby shop (AA hobbies in Warwick, RI) and eBay. This roco tanker I got on eBay. I had to fight for it too. I said I'd never get into fire trucks, but the brush fire bug has bitten me. Probably because there is no way to build one wrong. I'm...
  6. B

1/87th Vehicles

You mean the chevy pick up? The hose reel is from a Boley brush fire body, the portable pump is from Herpa. The pumps come in a box of 3 pre assembled units with black and red molded plastic. I believe it's # 51737. About $10 @ LHS. The hose reel I just carefully painted white. The hoses are...
  7. B

1/87th Vehicles

Thanks. I haven't weathered anything else yet as of late. I'm trying to bang out a bunch of customs, decal everything, then weathering.
  8. B

1/87th Vehicles

Thanks again for helping out! I'm eager to get started.
  9. B

1/87th Vehicles

Thanks for the idea! Would you be able to snap some pics covering 360 degrees of the truck? That way I can make it more prototypical.
  10. B

1/87th Vehicles

They will not be for sale.
  11. B

1/87th Vehicles

Among other projects on the bench, I received this very nice piece made by Roco today! If all goes as planned, this will be a brush fire water tender or "portable hydrant".
  12. B

1/87th Vehicles

I've been working on these for a few days...
  13. B

1/87th Vehicles

My latest contribution loosely based on a prototype of an International on an auction site. It's not 100%, but worth showing as I'm moving on to other projects for now.
  14. B

1/87th Vehicles

I wouldn't have said it if I wasn't sure.
  15. B

1/87th Vehicles

Lookin good! The push bar on the riverpoint station truck is upside down :/

Back