Recent content by B&M1065

1. B

Layout update

A couple of shots from my N-Scale layout under construction.... Have the scenery with a partial earth-tone wash. Kids playing some sandlot baseball! Have to add a fence to protect the cars going by!
  2. B

n scale shopping

A fellow forum member here turned me on to Fifer Hobby - http://www.fiferhobby.com/ Good communication and prices. Have used, and plan on using again.
  3. B

Iron Ore Mine & Steel Works in N

Great looking bench work. Can't wait to see the track layout!
  4. B

Sawmill complex

I did a similar mining building years back in HO scale - built completely from balsa strips and "scale" timbers. Its packed away - i'll have to find it and take a couple of pictures.
  5. B

overpass

Great looking overpass....i agree - the peer pressure is on....is it done yet? :D
  6. B

Train shows and N-Scale

Well...2nd train show in two weeks that I took my son to, and still - very little N-scale product. What is it about that scale that show vendors don't like?!?!?!?! Surely my son and I aren't the only two people at the show looking for N!!!
  7. B

Update of my layout

Thanks. A work in progress for sure!
  8. B

Update of my layout

Actually it is the 3' x 6' N Scale layout.
  9. B

Update of my layout

Yes. Scenic Ridge kit. Will be making a couple of more changes - like adding another staging line. There are three access doors. 2 along the back, and one on the left side...have used them a few times already!
  10. B

Update of my layout

Thought I would post a photo of the work done since my last post. Needless to say, my son is chomping at the bit for me to finish!
  11. B

Newbie just saying hello!

There will be an access hole in the back of the mountain (to allow access to the track) , on the left rear side. I will take a picture of that area after it is made.
  12. B

Thanks for the welcome. He always tries to be the boss....:D There is one switch line with a dead-end track for setting up cars. I am planning on modifying the layout somewhat, to allow for some things that the BOSS keeps asking for!!!
  13. B

1950's...always been my favorite era in model railroads...I have to keep telling my son that we really don't need an Amtrak train...it won't "fit" with the set.... Of course there was one just inside the door at the train show we went to today! :mad:
  14. B

Just wanted to introduce myself!!! My son and I are currently working on an N-Scale layout (Woodland Scenics - Scenic Ridge), and I thought this site would be a great place for us to get ideas and advice! We are going to try and keep it in a Boston & Maine theme. Looking forward to many great...

Back