Recent content by Atari

1. A

Is it Booster Time Yet?

I never bought the Bachmann booster discussed earlier but I've grown to the point that I may need more power. I will be up to about 150 track sections (HO), with 6 DCC turnouts running 5 DCC and 1 DC engine. Things can get a little weird, especially when I add one of the 40 year old engines I...
  2. A

DCC Turnout Track

So where do you buy Peco tack? I see Bachmann and Atlas everywhere but not Peco.
  3. A

DCC Turnout Track

Just an FYI, you can get Bachmann DCC turnouts for $25-$35 new depending on radius. I can tell you from experience that their remote turnouts are utter crap out of the box. The manual switches work fine. I honestly couldn't tell you whether the DCC are any good but I thought I would at least...
  4. A

Best Track for Heavy Remote Turnouts

So if I go DCC, then which track? Still the recommended Peco, Fast tracks, Micro engineering, Shinohara, Tillig?
  5. A

Could you explain filing down the top of the points a little more, please? If you know of any links, that would be great too. Thanks.
  6. A

I'm planning to build a track that will incorporate a lot of turnouts. I'm thinking of remote. Manual will be too hard to reach and I've a feeling DCC will simply cost too much. I played around with my sons Bachmann set and picked up a remote turnout to see how I liked it. Simply put, I don't...
  7. A

Best Power Booster for Bachmann DCC

Thanks to all for the info. doctornic, that's what I needed to hear. Good link too. They have a $169 bachmann booster too.
  8. A

#1 Bachmann DCC Command Unit $65 new #2 Bachmann Walk-around $65 new #3 Bachmann 5 amp $180 new Since I already have #1 and #2, is #3 the best choice? I've seen other models of boosters for less but I don't know if they work with the Bachmann control units. I've seen the Digitrax DB150 Command...
  9. A

While I'm still looking for an answer to the original question, should I go with the zephyr, can you have two units connected to the same track so two people can control any of the trains?
  10. A

My son received a Bachmann Digital Command train set for Christmas this year. Included were two DCC trains. He also received another Bachmann set with an analog engine. Loving trains as he does, he spent some Christmas cash on a fourth engine, another DCC. We combined the track from the two sets...

Back