Recent content by Ash Pit

1. A

New On30 Layout.

Here is a photo of the detailing of the pit floor. (Now, all of a sudden, the photo size has been reduced! Is changing the size of the photos something the Moderators are able to do? This size does not lend itself towards showing details)!
  2. A

Running Bear's October 2021 Coffee Shop

It's been a while since I've visited here. Summer is over and it's time to get back to the trains. Awh Yes, the weather! Here in central Minnesota, the drought continues although chance for rain today and tomorrow, the rest of the 10 day forecast shows Mostly Sunny and Partly Cloudy with...
  3. A

New On30 Layout.

Sirfoldalot, I have wondered if I should paint the cables some rusty color? At present I am attempting to make static grass tufts to place in the Turn Tables pit, along with detailing the pit floor.
  4. A

New On30 Layout.

Sirfoldalot, The cables are actually Music Wire. I like On30 better, more detail and Narrow Gauge is more fun! Yeh, well, I'm back now. AP
  5. A

New On30 Layout.

For all practical purposes the Turntable is complete and ready to install on the layout at this time. I would guess that total assembly time took about 20 hours. The stains used to make the wood look aged is Micro-Mark's Railroad Tie and Bridge Stain. Paints used were Micro Mark's MicroLux...
  6. A

New On30 Layout.

A couple-three more photos of the Turntable Build: 1st photo is of the bottom of the bridge, showing the wiper contact for supplying track power to the bridge. If you go back to the first photo in Post 186, you can see the two contacts that make contact with this wiper contact, just outside of...
  7. A

New On30 Layout.

This is a better photo of the Turntable bridge. This was taken just after I had installed the Gallows Cabling The far right back cable is not in it's final location yet and I have many Nut, Bolt, Washer (NBW) details yet to install.
  8. A

New On30 Layout.

Kitwood Hills models can be found at: <https://www.kitwoodhillmodels.com/on30-turntables/> Simon Cox, the proprietor has many and various kits for O scale, On2 On30, and HO (seeing how On30 and HO gauge are the same. He also offers Buildings, Paddle Steamers and Freight cars in On30. Simon...
  9. A

New On30 Layout.

So, given the nature of the folks here at this Forum, I need to prove that I am actually doing something railroady, by suppling photos of what I am doing. This is photos of my Kitwood Hills Turntable that I have a couple weeks in on the build. Photo one shows the Turn Table Pit. This went...
  10. A

New On30 Layout.

Summer is all but over. Still going over to the boat on Week Ends; but, home during the week. I weathered and detailed a couple of AMS cars over the summer, and now have a Turntable kit to build. The kit is from Kitwood Hills Models, Simon Cox, the proprietor is a great person to deal with...
  11. A

New On30 Layout.

Still involved with Summer Activities and haven't done much on the layout in a few months, other than weathering some cars. Wanted to bring this thread back to the for front so I can find.
  12. A

Modeling Trains approaching,inside and leaving Tunnels.

My tunnels always had Tunnel Liners as deep into the tunnel as was viewable from outside. Where possible, I made the liner's roof removable to be able to retrieve; or, repair things needing such. My liners where made to look like a bore through rock; or, had wood support beams attempting to...
  13. A

New On30 Layout.

Haven't made any progress on the layout for a month or so, now. Summer activities are taking up my time. Am home now for a couple days and might get busy with it, if the mood strikes.
  14. A

Selling off my inventory of Freight cars.

Willie, I have tried to sell a few freight cars on Ebay and ended up pulling them off because I was not getting offers on them at less than 1/2 of what Hatton's paid me. So I don't think I could have gotten anywhere near what I did from Hatton's, on Ebay! Sirfoldalot, I calculated $919.82 for...
  15. A

New On30 Layout.

I have purchased a Broadway Limited Inc. 2-8-0 C-16 with sound. This loco looks most like a Colorado Southern Locomotive so I am considering making my Main Line C&S and the branch will be the Peep River Logging Company. However, I may not pay any attention to where the read C&S operated, other...

Back