Recent content by arkham railroader

1. A

X scale?

cool thanks
  2. A

X scale?

hey haven't been on in a while but i have a question. a friend has some old American flyer trains and says they are 3/16" scale. i found some reference to that being X scale. is that right and are these old american flyer models of any value?
  3. A

Show Us Your Desktop!

here's mine rightnow, but it changes on a regular basis because i get bored easily.
  4. A

Quick stop at Dachshundville........

the detail here is absolutely mind bogling.wow!
  5. A

what's it mean?

ah yes, i do know about the humps in certain yards to let the gravity roll the cars back. didn't think about that though. thanks for the clarification.
  6. A

what's it mean?

my girlfriend went to the b&o museum the other day and saw this sign, she and i were wondering what it means. i know what it means to my "in the gutter" mind, but wanted to know what it really is.
  7. A

Sitting on a siding

how do you change it to a pencil drawing? btw, that does look sweet!
  8. A

Split points...

good, so it's not just me.
  9. A

Reversing loop

how about something like this near the river, it would reverse things for you.
  10. A

lovecraft layout

well now, a '49 to '70 merc is a whole different story. that's back when cars had lines and were sexy.
  11. A

lovecraft layout

they are coming from as far off as california and everywhere inbetween and some are coming down from canada. so with all those places there are a few of em around.
  12. A

lovecraft layout

actually this weekend is the national merkur meet at carlisle pa, there are supposed to be over 200 of these things there this year.
  13. A

lovecraft layout

looks like you just read the background page of the hot box detector, which is talking about the real ones. ours doesn't actually detect any defects, they can be set to be annunciated randomly or when you want. the model one does give you actual axle count, trains speed. train length , and...

Back