Recent content by Andrey

1. Andrey

[Guide] How to make easements.

Hello, in these two videos I show how to make elliptical easements. Video 1: how to curve flex track to elliptical shape (suitable for beginners); Video 2: how to draw elliptical centerlines of easements.
  2. Andrey

Different configurations of rail yards

Hello. On the picture below you can see different configurations of rail yards. All configurations, except first one, provides sidings of almost the same lengths.
  3. Andrey

Non-risky method of ballasting turnouts.

This is another two good videos about ballasting (this videos are not my): Ballasting process: How to change ballast colour:
  4. Andrey

Hello, Mark. Thank you for interest to this thread anyway. I wish you good luck in ballsating your turnouts, regardless of method you will choose.
  5. Andrey

Hello. I try to keep sleepers under blades dry, because if I moist them with wet water, than it will be easier for diluted glue to climb up on the top surface of the sleepers, and in this case blades will be glued to the sleepers. That's why I apply wet water from syringe instead of spraying it...
  6. Andrey

Hello. It is not very difficult to cut this bath in roadbed, if you use foam roadbed. For example, if you need to ballast double crossover, you can simply buy a sheet of foam roadbed and use scissors to cut a piece of roadbed corresponding to this crossover. Than you can again use scissors to...
  7. Andrey

Hello. In video below I will show easy and non-risky method of ballasting turnouts. This method gives good results and is suitable for beginners and those modellers, who don't have large experience in ballasting. Ideal for ballasting complex turnouts (double slips and 3-way turnouts). Here...
  8. Andrey

[Guide]: How to get rid of derailments on turnouts (Updated).

Real turnouts with high guard rails
  9. Andrey

Hello. 1) The brand of my turnouts is Piko (German manufacturer). 2) You can use Centerline cleaning car (use it without rubber band). The cleaning element of this car can jump over high guard rails. I didn't use pressuring tool, I pressed shims with my fingers. I used super glue-gel. Of...
  10. Andrey

Hello. First, look at standard guard rail. Wheel have very small contact with guard rail. If locomotive run at high speed, the wheel can easily slide from guard rail towards the frog. Now, if you use high guard rail, than the contact between wheel and guard rail is much more reliable. It is...
  11. Andrey

Comparison of turnouts (HO, Kadee truck): Turnout with high guard rails: Turnout with standard guard rails:
  12. Andrey

Update: 3 new videos were added in the end of main post: modified double slip and 3-way turnout in action; how to modify double slip (Part 1 and Part 2).
  13. Andrey

Thank you for your answers guys! I am glad to hear, that this guide was helpful.
  14. Andrey

Update: 3 new videos were added in the end of main post: modified double slip and 3-way turnout in action; how to modify double slip (Part 1 and Part 2). Hello! Here I will explain, how to modify turnouts to get rid of derailments on them. To achieve this, the following should be done: 1)...
  15. Andrey

Looking for Max Shim Thickness for Peco 100 Guard Rails

Hello! Yes, high guard rails do their job! This is video: This is video guide how to upgrade turnouts:

Back