Recent content by AndrewC

1. AndrewC

Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLV

So sorry to read of your cat/friend Corey. It never gets any easier. When the time comes and you are ready to open your home and heart to another 4 legged fur ball, please consider giving a furever home to a rescue animal. We've got 4 formerly abandoned and unloved cats.
  2. AndrewC

Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLV

Good day all from ye olde London towne. Its been a long time since I said anything. Usually I'm just sat quietly in the corner sipping my coffee. A chilly 10c (that's about 50f) cloudy and blah here today. At least it stopped raining. I was beginning to develop gills. I just wanted to say...
  3. AndrewC

Hornby

Cheers Louis. Interesting to see how many of those people have recently left the company. At the moment Hornby is going through quite the upheaval. The manufacture of Humbrol paints has been brought back to the UK from China due to quality issues. Airfix kits are in the middle of being moved...
  4. AndrewC

Hornby

Hi Again Rodney. I used to do the Tri-ang / Hornby repairs for a shop in Canada when I lived there. Back then I modelled in OO and British N. Since moving to the UK I've shelved my OO, sold off the N, and now model NW US and Canada in HO. Contrary or what? I do have a few bits in UK O. All...
  5. AndrewC

Hornby

Hi Rodney, at the moment in the UK there are only 2 O scale manufacturers of ready to run. Dapol and the Danish firm, Heljan. Everything else is kits or custom builders. Bassett-Lowke hasn't released anything since Hornby's takeover. The B-W website is gone and only directs to Hornby's main...
  6. AndrewC

Hornby

Oops. Missed they also own Scalextric cars, and also acquired the Bassett-Lowke brand from Corgi. This is/was an O scale range with company origins in the 1800s. However, I don't think Hornby have released anything under that brand since they bought Corgi in 2008.
  7. AndrewC

Hornby

Hi guys. Just a couple of clarifications about Hornby. They stopped producing O scale in the 60's. Back in the 30's they'd established a factory in New Jersey hoping to break into the US market. This was later sold off to Gilbert. Hornby Dublo was a brand name of Hornby Meccano and ceased to...
  8. AndrewC

Not sure if I like foam base and track bed.

For what its worth, I'm in the middle of building a portable quasi-freemo layout and all the modules are based on a 12mm by 100mm ply frame with 50mm foam base. (1/2" by 4" frame and 2" foam) I use standard Gorilla glue to stick the foam to the ply box and then carpenter's glue for the Woodland...
  9. AndrewC

Stepping down

Cheers Larry. Thanks for all the thought for the day and words over the years. Shame that you are moving on but that's life. Do what you want and what inspires you. Just remember to check in to the old coffee shop now and then just to say hi.
  10. AndrewC

Coffee Shop XXXIII 06/21/12

Mornin' Bill. Today is the 27th. Or is that a test to see how many of us are reading your morning greeting? Long weekend in the UK. Time to get the groceries done then an afternoon of track laying.
  11. AndrewC

If he works in Canary Wharf, I'll wave out of the office window next time I'm on a client site there. (Citibank building next door) I only used that track as I had a 50 yd box of it from a previous project that got shelved. In the UK there is no price difference between the Peco concrete or...
  12. AndrewC

Long line up at the supermarket checkout again? :D Good morning all from Ye Olde London Towne. A brief checkin. I've survived the Olympics and its back to work tomorrow. (crap) Not much else to add. Hazy and 19c at the moment with a high today expected of 27c (81f) The 85% humidity will...
  13. AndrewC

I'll have 3 pints of what he's drinking. :cool: Good day all from Olympic London. Getting ready to hibernate from the infux of tourists and general idiots for the next few weeks. If I had the cash I'd be in a cabin in Montana, as far away from it all as possible. Haven't said it for a while...
  14. AndrewC

Good day all from Ye Olde London Towne. Would anyone like to buy some rain? This has to be the wettest drought ever. We had 4 month's worth of rain in June which is supposed to be our dry month. The weather twits have designated it the wettest June ever recorded. July has started off no better...
  15. AndrewC

Coffee XXXII Apr. 14th

Morning all from Ye Olde London Towne. Its been a while but I'm still here. Usually sitting quietly in the corner of the coffee shop watching the world go by. Another cool wet day here. 12c or about 54f. We're in the middle of the wettest drought on record. :D. Annual rainfall is down by...

Back