Recent content by adsbnsf

1. adsbnsf

Model Master International Military & Figure Enamel Paint Discontinued

Hey Everyone, As a custom painter this news just really sucks. I herd rumors of this a while back, but I went to my local hobby shop and was told they received notice from Testors today that they have discontinued the International Military & Figure Enamel paint line. First Floquil and now...
  2. adsbnsf

Chicago Great Western #10 Caboose Build

Thanks, it is made by American Model Builders.
  3. adsbnsf

Thanks, I have not decided yet. All my other CGW stuff is, but this may stay this way.
  4. adsbnsf

Finally had a chance to finish my CGW wood NE Cupola Caboose #10. This was my first wood kit I have built and it was challenging at times to get all the detail parts ordered. CGW 10 has been built as it looked in its final days at Sycamore IL in the 1960's.
  5. adsbnsf

Six Units To Sycamore. CGW Project

Thanks for the kind words. The next step for these units is sound, but as we all know that is pricey for all 6. I am by no means a professional at this, just a great way to spend free time. CGW has always been a favorite RR for me since I grew up along the old mainline as a kid.What kind of...
  6. adsbnsf

Burlington Northern E9 Model

One other note if modeling these locomotives. Take time to look at the pilot. They need some custom work if using a proto 2000 loco. The pilot in my model is modified and specific to 9920.
  7. adsbnsf

Burlington Northern E9 Model

The detail parts are a mix of Details West and Details Associates. The Brass Pipe are custom cut and built from scrap pipe I had. As far as the HEP and the 2 added fans, that is custom built from scratch. It is a mixture of styrene, metal grilles, and Details West fans. The red marker light...
  8. adsbnsf

Thanks Joe G
  9. adsbnsf

Thanks blackz28
  10. adsbnsf

After months of on and off work, I finally finished my custom painted and detailed Six Chicago Great Western F-Units for my 192 train. This 192 consists of CGW 113-C F5A, 114-D F7B, 105-B F3B, 110-B F3B, 116-B F7B, and 107-C F3A. Paint schemes include the red and black and maroon dip and model...
  11. adsbnsf

CGW F5A Build Question

Thanks Cjcrescent for the info. ADSBNSF
  12. adsbnsf

CGW F5A Build Question

Hello all, I am in the process of doing a 6 unit lash up of CGW locomotives. One that I am working on is an F5A CGW 113-C in Maroon Dip paint scheme below. The question I have to others that have done CGW F-Units is that do they have Diaphragms on them? I don't see them in the images I have...
  13. adsbnsf

Proto 1000 F3 Frame

Just wanted to see if anyone knew if a Stewart F3 shell will fit on a Proto 1000 F3 frame? I have a few frames and was interested in getting some Stewart F3 shells for a new project of mine. They look close, but not sure. Thanks
  14. adsbnsf

Good source for detail parts

I have two places for you that I go to in my area. I'm guessing you are looking for HO Scale Detail Parts right? If so you can email Mike at B&G Train world a list of the parts you need and he can shoot you back a price and shipping. They are still developing there website, but at the store...
  15. adsbnsf

Chicago Great Western SD40's Upgrades

Finally had a chance to finish CGW 402, 408, & 409. As requested from PM's, below is a video with the Mars Lights in action. First starts off in red emergency/reverse operation. Then it changes to forward highball operation. Digitrax DH163D Decoders. 1.5V 30Ma Lamps each with a 330ohm...

Back