Recent content by 68 Camaro

1. 68 Camaro

Unique, kitbashed, scratchbuilt or just plain cool buildings you have seen or have!!!

Built these for my Miami River layout. Have since removed this layout to go to a narrower 18" width. Larry
  2. 68 Camaro

How Do I Convince My Wife I Need More Space?

Greg, I would just start using it. As they say "Its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission". Besides, once its started she will feel guilty asking you to tear it out. Larry
  3. 68 Camaro

Tilting cars

Possibly two things come to mind. One is that the screws holding the trucks to the car are too loose or the raised mount where the truck attaches is not flat or slightly uneven. Just a thought. Larry
  4. 68 Camaro

Bedford water tower

Big E, I think I would shelve the current water towers you have and go to something considerably more detailed. I have this tower and it comes already built. I never used it so its sets. The part number in the Walthers Catalogue is 2825. Larry www.walthers.com...
  5. 68 Camaro

New HO Switching Layout

Odie, Looks super. I've found that I had to start with a very small pin vise drill to get the holes started in the center of the fence posts and then come back with a larger bit. I'm not that steady anymore with a pin vise drill to make it right the first time. Remember that security fencing...
  6. 68 Camaro

New HO Switching Layout

Odie, If you haven't already ask for or ordered the brass rod in mm. 0.019 inches is 0.4826 mm. You should easily find this in mm from a hardware store, LHS or online. K&S Metals have .020 brass rod available stock #8159 My LHS has a large display of K&S as well as some of the hardware...
  7. 68 Camaro

New HO Switching Layout

Hey Tony/Odie, Pelle used Scenic Scales brass mesh (web site below) for fence material along with the Walthers fence kit. The key is to drill out the vertical fence posts with a pin vise and then add the brass horizontal upper and lower wires using CA to hold them in place. Pelle makes note...
  8. 68 Camaro

New HO Switching Layout

Odie, Glad to hear the book was helpful. I find all of Pelle's books helpful. I enclosed a photo of the Micronart fencing that I used some years ago. Pricy, saves tons of time.
  9. 68 Camaro

New HO Switching Layout

Odie-r Looks very good. Nice detailing. Larry
  10. 68 Camaro

New HO Switching Layout

Ryan, Pelle published this book in 2012. It is a Model Railroader magazine book. http://www.amazon.com/Rebuilding-Layout-Model-Railroaders-Guide/dp/0890248176/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1421164136&sr=1-1&keywords=pelle+soeborg Larry
  11. 68 Camaro

New HO Switching Layout

Montanan, I just got bored with it. I refinished the side walls in the room thinking about doing something else but using the same Miami theme. I am presently constructing a model of the asphalt unloading facility that is in Pelle Soeborg's latest book. It is his representation of Clyde...
  12. 68 Camaro

New HO Switching Layout

Montanan, Unfortunately this layout has been removed. Larry
  13. 68 Camaro

New HO Switching Layout

Hi Ryan, If you have a chance pick up Pelle Soeborg's book "Rebuilding a Layout from A-Z" . In it he describes the entire process of constructing a fence from a Walthers Fence kit. It shows in detail how each plastic vertical fence post is drilled out using a pin vise drill while it is still...
  14. 68 Camaro

New HO Switching Layout

Are you drilling out the fence posts or just gluing the posts to the horizontal support wires? Several people including myself use solid brass wire for the upper and lower horizontal wires. If you drill out the plastic Walthers vertical fence posts, slide them down to the correct location and...
  15. 68 Camaro

Best Decal Sheet

Lee, I have been using a HP 2700 Office Jet Inkjet with very good success. After you have printed your decal use at least two to three light coats of sealer on the decal as opposed to one heavy coat. I use the one shown below and purchased it at HD. Larry

Back